Ring is seeking a creative, organised and result-oriented Trade Marketing Manager to support our business in Europe. You will drive all aspects of in-store excellence, merchandising, training and events with our key European partners.
This position requires more than just the ability to execute against existing and traditional programmes and will be responsible for the total life-cycle of strategic trade marketing initiatives. This will involve collaborating with stakeholders to identify new opportunities, developing strategies together with sales managers, designing programs, and executing, measuring, and evaluating them against agreed upon goals and objectives.
As an expert in the retail environment, the right person will maintain high standards in all aspects of planning, execution and evaluation, to ensure all programmes are driven to completion.
· Lead and define the Trade Marketing in-store masterplan to offer relevant permanent & temporary solutions for key consumption periods, events and promotional opportunities.
· Own point of sale materials from design adaptation to local requirements, in-store implementation, maintenance & refresh.
· Develop efficient, scalable mechanisms for in-store repair and fixtures maintenance.
· Identify, communicate and activate opportunities to further drive perfection in-store.
· Develop and execute end-to-end in store plans for new product launches into the EU retail marketplace, including fixtures updates and roll-out, in-store training and asset delivery to retail partners.
· Work closely with the sales team on customer specific Trade Marketing plans.
· Identify Shopper Insights to feed into the trade marketing strategy, and translate them into winning shopper experiences and actionable plans that deliver on the retail partner objectives. Create and deliver Retail Execution guidelines.
· Develop and manage trade marketing assets (e.g. digital and physical POS, content, offline marketing and sales collateral) for the use of the sales team and merchandisers.
· Support brand strategy to ensure that all marketing elements enhance and leverage the brand equity with all constituents.
· Drive best practice sharing across countries and retailers on an ongoing basis.
· Overview & lead merchandising and field team efforts across all key European markets, including unified in-store tool & KPIs tracker. Analyse in-store KPIs and in-store execution on a regular basis, translating them into data driven action plans.
· Analyse sell out data to measure effectiveness of our in-store efforts. Measure ROI of major initiatives.
· Define, manage & deploy training programmes for store staff. Manage our e-learning platform including development & localisation of training modules.
· Manage end to end processes relating to trade shows such as IFA, or retail specific roadshows or training events
· Collaborate on a regular basis with different departments within the organisation and multiple third party agencies. On-board and manage external vendors including contract, budget, and KPIs set up.
· 5+ years of experience building and managing retail trade marketing programmes, preferably in a multinational complex organisation.
· 3+ years of relevant experience with delivering in-store solutions that delight & enhance customer journey. Experience with POS management - end to end process from design to implementation and maintenance.
· Sufficient experience successfully managing external partners such as suppliers, merchandising agencies and retailers.
· Ability to work effectively in a matrixed organisation, managing multiple priorities as an independent, driven self-starter within a rapidly evolving business.
· Proficiency in written and spoken English.
· In depth understanding of relevant retail landscape. Experience working with European retailers (such as John Lewis, Media Markt, Dixons).
· Demonstrate strong leadership skills in all aspects of managing the customer and team members. Promote teamwork and collaboration, show initiative, and act independently to successfully manage all relations & challenges.
· Demonstrated ability to clearly communicate and influence stakeholders inside & outside of immediate team.
· Retail events, training, trade shows experience - end to end process & organisation. Project management experience & skills.
· Proficiency in an additional language such as German or Dutch a plus.