You are interested in Amazon Echo? Come work on it. We, Alexa's Applied Modeling & Data Science (AMDS) team in Berlin, are building the speech and language solutions for German and French behind Amazon Echo and other Amazon products and services.
We are seeking an experienced, flexible and detail-oriented Senior Data Scientist that is passionate about working with language data. You will be responsible for data-driven improvements to our natural language understanding models, i.e., your work will have a direct impact on our customers.
· Ensure data quality throughout all stages of processing, including such areas as data sourcing/collection, ground truth generation, normalization, transformation, cross-lingual alignment/mapping, etc.
· Continuously evaluate data analysis tools and processes and offer solutions to ensure they are efficient, high-quality and scalable
· Lead and test tooling developments and pilot processes to support expansion to new data areas
· Clean, analyze and select data to achieve goals
· Present proposals and results in a clear manner backed by data and coupled with actionable conclusions
· Closely collaborate with colleagues from science, engineering and business backgrounds
· Master’s or PhD in a relevant data science field
· 4+ years’ experience with various data analysis and visualization tools
· Experience working with language data, speech recognition and/or natural language processing
· Experience with scripting language to scale methods
· Experience with modelling software
· Ability to clearly communicate insights (in verbal and written form) to stakeholders and senior management
· Native or near-native fluency in German and/or French
· Strong attention to detail and experience balancing multiple tasks and deadlines
· Ability to think creatively and solve problems