Have you ever wanted to work on state of the art computer vision, natural language processing and applied machine learning that will make a lasting impact on society?
We are looking for brilliant Machine Learning Scientists who have the passion to tackle tough problems by bringing cutting edge machine learning technologies into the hands of our customers!
As an Applied Scientist on the Amazon AI Team, you will research, experiment, iterate and publish on cutting-edge AI technologies. You'll also work closely with engineers and product managers to design and develop fast, efficient, and highly scalable deep learning algorithms that are applied to challenging every-day use case problems.
· PhD in Computer Science, Machine Learning, Operational Research, Statistics or a related quantitative or engineering field.
· 6+ years of hands-on experience in predictive modeling, analysis and applying ML to solve complex problems.
· Algorithm and model development experience for large-scale applications.
· Strong coding skills with Python, Java, C++, or other programming languages.
· Strong communication and data presentation skills. Ability to distill customer requirements into problem definitions, dealing with ambiguity and competing objectives.
· Extensive knowledge and practical experience in several of the following areas: machine learning, statistics, deep learning, reinforcement learning, computer vision, NLP, and creative AI;
· Experience with popular ML frameworks like Scikit-Learn, Tensor Flow, PyTorch, and/or Keras.
· Strong track record of shipping complex science solutions into products with high customer impact.
· Significant peer reviewed scientific contributions in premier journals and conferences;
· Strong personal interest in learning, researching, and creating new technologies with high customer impact;
· Experience with defining research and development practices in an applied environment;
· Superior verbal and written communication and presentation skills, ability to convey rigorous mathematical concepts and considerations to non-experts.
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.