Amazon is seeking a talented, highly motivated and experienced business development leader to engage top digital media players to promote ecommerce at Amazon. With its network of over 100,000 publishers, the Amazon Associates program is a global leader in online marketing and one of the largest paid advertising channels for Amazon. As a customer-obsessed, digital media enthusiast, you will influence and build upon the success we have had with top media properties such as NY Media, Hearst, New York Times, Buzfeed and Business Insider to drive revenue, new customers and awareness for Amazon’s strategic businesses and programs. Using your deep knowledge of digital media and a solution-oriented mindset you will collaborate with and influence our product teams to develop innovative integrations which help unlock new opportunities for Amazon and our publishers.
You are an excellent oral and written communicator and you possess an analytical approach to business development, leveraging data to drive decisions. You are highly organized and have the ability to work closely and constructively with multiple internal and external stakeholders. You're particularly adept at developing strong, one-to-one relationships with media executives. You have experience navigating technical and product requirements and adoption and have the ability to influence technical leaders and incorporate technical requirements into negotiations and contracts. This role will work closely with many of Amazon’s strategic businesses to structure innovative and impactful deals.
Specific responsibilities include the following:
· Define and execute strategy for ecommerce penetration of the comScore 5000
· Pitch, onboard and scale new media properties
· Own quarterly revenue growth objectives for publishers
· Drive special deal terms and negotiations with publishers to optimize collaboration
· Drive adoption of products for publishers, including tools to implement effective integrations (links, display units, etc.), reporting tools, product feeds etc.
· Work closely with technology teams to inform product roadmap and provide feedback on product requirements
· Partner with Retail leaders to support strategic Amazon businesses
• Bachelor’s degree
• 8+ years of business development experience; structuring and negotiating complex agreements
• Expert at identifying and executing successful partnership deals and large scale marketing deals
• Expert at working with diverse revenue models and deep data analysis
• Ability to influence technical leaders and incorporate technical requirements into negotiations and contracts.
• Expertise in ecommerce with knowledge of the digital media space
• Ability to work in fast-paced environment and resourceful in achieving success in the face of ambiguity while prioritizing and managing multiple responsibilities
• Excellent oral and written communication skills along with a proven ability to influence others internally and externally
• Sound business judgment and strong analytical thinking
• MBA preferred
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us