At Alexa Shopping, we strive to enable shopping in everyday life. We allow customers to instantly order whatever they need, by simply interacting with their Devices such as Amazon Show, Spot, Echo, Dot or Tap. Our Services allow customers to shop, no matter where they are or what they are doing.
The Alexa Shopping group is seeking talented and experienced engineers to provide independence and care to our customers with disabilities and aging customers as they shop on Amazon across web, mobile, and Echo family devices. You will be part of developing exceptional front-end experiences to enable customers to shop on their own and seek help from others in relevant moments, leveraging natural language understanding or computer vision technology. You will also be part of developing internal accessibility tools to raise the internal bar of all developer teams in Alexa Shopping.
You will work closely with a team of engineers, product managers, and UX designers to identify and deliver solutions that simplify the shopping experience for customers of all abilities and their caregivers. You may create prototypes to demonstrate to others the feasibility of solutions and bring them to production level code. You will bring your experience to drive team best practices and operational excellence of the services owned by your team.
You will partner with other Amazon and third-party services and device teams as required. An ability to collaborate to design and deliver integrated systems across teams is a must.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age. We know that you care how we use information about you and we appreciate your trust in us to do that carefully and sensibly. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please visit the Disability Accommodations page.
· Candidates must have a Bachelor in Computer Science or 4+ years of professional experience in software development.
· Strong Computer Science fundamentals in data structures, algorithm design, and problem solving
· Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
· Computer Science fundamentals in data structures
· Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as Java, C, C++ or Objective C
· Demonstrated leadership abilities in an engineering environment in driving operational excellence and best practices.
· Experience with Accessibility guidelines (WCAG 2.1, ARIA implementation) and accessibility best practices
· Understand how to optimize resource usage for efficiency (e.g., application impact on memory and CPU, caches appropriately)
· Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
· Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
· Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs
· Comfortable challenging assumptions and thinking of creative ways to tackle problems.