Want to transform the way people enjoy music, video, and radio? Come join Alexa Entertainment, the team that made Amazon Music, Spotify, Hulu, Netflix, Pandora, and more available to Alexa customers. We are at the epicenter of the future of entertainment, innovating the way our customers interact with content at home and on the go.
Alexa Entertainment is looking for a Senior Applied Scientist to lead a new team of talented and passionate scientists to intelligently arbitrate among competing possible actions to take on behalf of customers, as part of our wider spoken language understanding efforts. As a Senior Applied Scientist, you will lead the design, development, and evaluation of models and ML (machine learning) technology to enable a magical entertainment experience for Alexa customers. You will help lay the foundation to move from directed interactions to learned behaviors that enable Alexa to proactively take action on behalf of the customer. And, you will have the satisfaction of working on a product your friends and family can relate to, and want to use every day. Like the world of smart phones less than 10 years ago, this is a rare opportunity to have a giant impact on the way people live.
· Graduate degree (MS or PhD) in Computer Sciences, Mathematics, or Statistics with specialization in machine learning or natural language processing
· 5+ years of hands-on experience in modeling and analysis, and in deploying machine learning / deep learning models in production.
· 5+ years of hands-on experience in programming languages such as Python
· Strong software development skills
· Proven track record of innovation in creating novel algorithms and advancing the state of the art
· Entrepreneurial spirit combined with strong architectural and problem solving skills
· Excellent written and spoken communication skills
· Scientific thinking and the ability to invent, a track record of thought leadership and contributions that have advanced the state of the art
· Strong publication record