Amazon is investing heavily in building a world class advertising business and we are responsible for defining and delivering a collection of self-service performance advertising products that drive discovery and sales. Our products are strategically important to our Retail and Marketplace businesses driving long term growth. We deliver billions of ad impressions and millions of clicks daily and are breaking fresh ground to create world-class products. We are highly motivated, collaborative and fun-loving with an entrepreneurial spirit and bias for action. With a broad mandate to experiment and innovate, we are growing at an unprecedented rate with a seemingly endless range of new opportunities.
The Moderation and Relevance System (MARS) team, based in Bangalore, is responsible for ensuring that ads are relevant and is of good quality, leading to higher conversion for the sellers and providing a great experience for the customers. We deal with one of the world’s largest product catalog, handle billions of requests a day with plans to grow it by order of magnitude and use automated systems to validate tens of millions of offers submitted by thousands of merchants in multiple countries and languages. We are looking for a highly motivated, top notch applied scientist to build machine learning models at scale to enforce our policy guidelines. A successful candidate will have demonstrated experience in at least some of the following areas: NLP, Image Recognition and Classification, Video Recognition and Classification, Generative Models, Reinforcement Learning, Active Learning, Weak Supervision
Your areas of responsibility include:
· Designing and implementing new features and machine learned models, including the application of state-of-art deep learning to solve ad policy enforcement and creative intelligence, including NLP, deep image and video models, generative models
· Perform analysis of data and metrics relevant to ad content generation and policing
· Gathering ad policy related requirements from business owners, other tech teams, as well as by analyzing customer feedback and translate them into modeling problems
· Integrate and productize ML models with overall engineering infrastructure to be made available at scale
Ad Quality protects the customer experience and is a critical component of our business success. One of the earliest teams to be established in Amazon Bangalore, Ad Quality has both Operations and Development teams in Bangalore supporting multiple ad programs in markets around the world.
· Very good English skills (including the ability to read and write technical papers in English)
· Bachelors (BS/BE) in Computer Science or related field
· Publications in top-tier NLP and or ML/DL conferences or journals
· Skills with programming language like R, Python and/or Scala or similar scripting language
· At least 5+ years of hands-on-experience in predictive modeling and analysis
· At least 5+years of algorithmic development experience
· At least 2+years of R, Python or equivalent, as well as Java, C++ or equivalent
· Advanced Degree (MS/ME/PhD) in Natural Language Processing, Machine Learning, Statistics or equivalent. Significant peer reviewed scientific contributions in relevant field
· 5+ years of extensive experience applying theoretical models in an applied environment.
· Expertise on a broad set of practical experience of applying techniques, including Deep Learning, statistics, NLP, Recommendation systems and or information retrieval
· Strong fundamentals in problem solving, algorithm design and complexity analysis
· Expert in more than one more major programming languages (Java, C++ or similar) and at least one scripting language (Python, or similar)
· Strong personal interest in learning, researching, and creating new technologies with high commercial impact.
· Experience with defining organizational research and development practices in an industry setting.
· Great verbal and written communication and presentation skills, ability to convey rigorous mathematical concepts and considerations to non-experts
· Proven track record in leading, mentoring and growing teams of scientists (teams of 3 or more scientists)
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.