Are you interested in building new services that will define the future of interactive entertainment and simulation? Do you want to work on the hardest problems and launch breakthroughs in technology that will impact millions of people? We are redefining interactive entertainment and introducing cloud-native AAA quality gaming and simulation services deeply integrated with AWS and Twitch. We're busy inventing new ways to deploy the vast compute and storage of AWS, and the awesome power of streaming and community participation of Twitch, to the next generation of interactive experiences.
We're just getting started and we're looking for talented software engineers to join our world-class team building revolutionary AWS services from the ground up. This is a rare opportunity to get in at the beginning and help shape the foundation of the technology and product. These are core systems development positions where you will own the design and delivery of critical software components architected for the cloud. Everyone here is hands on and you will be expected to write rock-solid code while mentoring other engineers on the team. Successful candidates will have a track record of shipping quality software at scale and also excel at communication, leadership and customer focus.
· Bachelor’s in Computer Science or Engineering, or equivalent experience
· 4+ years of professional software engineering experience
· 4+ years C/C++ coding skills, preferably on Linux/Unix platforms (Rust or Python coding experience also a plus)
· Experience with data structures, algorithms, operating system internals and/or distributed systems
· Experience in object oriented design, design patterns, and functional programming paradigms
· Multi-threaded, lock-free, high-throughput systems code
· Consensus and coordination algorithms and paradigms in distributed systems
· Large-scale event-driven architectures using replication and/or PubSub
· Peer-to-peer concepts for gossip, overlay, routing, and distributed hash tables (DHTs).
· Spatial data structures and partitioning, space filling curves, or computational geometry
· B-trees, multi version concurrency control (MVCC), or software transactional memory (STM)
· Rigid-body physics simulation, real-time 3D rendering, or 3D animation systems
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity – Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation