Join us to build the future of games and simulations!
At GameTech we build services for games and simulations to run and scale on the cloud. We are looking for engineers to join a world-class team building a new revolutionary AWS service in this space from the ground up. This is a rare opportunity to get in at the beginning and help shape the foundation of the technology and product. These are core systems development positions where you will own the design and delivery of critical software components architected for the cloud. Successful candidates will have a track record of shipping quality software at scale and also excel at customer focus.
Our team is co-located in Seattle, but we are flexible for working from home. We keep core office hours from 10:30am to 3:30pm and are flexible for you to get work done beyond that, either starting earlier or working later.
This role involves being on-call, typically for one week every 5-6 weeks. We don’t like getting paged in the middle of the night or on the weekend, so we work to ensure our systems are high quality and fault tolerant. When we do get paged we work together to understand the root cause so we reduce the chances of getting paged for the same issue twice.
Mentorship & Career Growth
As a new member of the team, you would get the support you need to quickly ramp up on AWS and our services. Our team has a broad mix of experience levels and Amazon tenures, and we support each other through knowledge sharing and mentorship. As a mid-career engineer you would have opportunities to mentor more junior engineers and receive mentorship from senior engineers on the team.
Inclusive Team Culture
We believe that a diverse team is important, and helps in building great products. We make sure our team culture is inclusive and welcoming of all different backgrounds. We are looking for candidates that can continue to help us develop that inclusive culture, through excellent communication, reliability, and ability to build trust with others.
· Bachelor’s in Computer Science or Engineering, or equivalent experience
· 3+ years of professional software engineering experience
· 3+ years Java (or similar) coding skills, preferably on Linux/Unix platforms
· Experience with data structures, algorithms, operating system internals and/or distributed systems
· Experience in object oriented design, design patterns, and functional programming paradigms
· Multi-threaded, lock-free, high-throughput systems code
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity – Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation