Amazon Advertising is one of the fastest growing businesses within all of Amazon! This is a unique opportunity within our Sales Operations Analytics and Insights team. This leader will be a key member of the core Analytics team, based in Seattle, WA. The successful candidate will be self-starter, comfortable with ambiguity, with attention to details. The drive and capability to shape sales organization and/or business strategy is a must.
This position will work closely with sales leaders, finance leaders, business intelligence engineers, and software engineers to develop predictive models to forecast revenue and performance. This leader will also be responsible for determining controlled and uncontrolled drivers impacting revenue; and the associated level of correlation leveraging statistical analysis. Additionally, the job will influence the direction of the business by leveraging our data to deliver insights that drive decisions and actions. It will involve translating broad business problems into specific analytics projects, conducting deep quantitative analyses, and communicating results effectively. This is a visible and impactful position that will help transform our data into actionable insights to continue to fuel the growth of the business.
· Design and develop revenue and performance forecasting models
· Leverage ML to automate forecasting model
· Measure the accuracy of forecasting model and continuously improve
· Develop and implement analytics to better predict performance by tying sales inputs into more accurate outputs, and enabling strategic decisions around resource allocation and organizational design.
· Understand controlled versus non-controlled inputs, and their impact on outputs using statistical analysis.
· Measure and continuously improve the accuracy of predictive model.
· Effectively document and communicate methodologies and results.
· PhD in an analytical area such as computer science, economics, finance statistics, or similar
· 10+ years of experience producing models and analytics for business applications
· Experience in standard machine-learning and statistical modeling tools and techniques (e.g. gradient-boosted regression, logistic regression)
· Experience in programming in R, Python, Scala or similar languages
· Expertise in statistical measures such as confidence intervals, significance of error measurements, development and evaluation data sets, etc.
· 7+ years of experience producing models and analytics for business applications
· Current experience in a ML or data scientist role with a large technology company
· Hands-on experience with multiple improvement initiatives
· Expert in the areas of data science, machine learning and statistics,
· Sound business judgment with demonstrated ability to balance technical and business needs to make the right decisions about technology, models and methodologies.
· Excellent communication skills to be able to work with business owners to develop and define key business questions and to build data sets that answer those questions
· Demonstrated ability to independently drive issues to resolution while communicating insights to non-technical audiences.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.