Are you passionate about using Big Data to build customer trust and grow new business? At Amazon Advertising, we are developing state-of-the-art large-scale computational advertising and machine learning applications. We are looking for talented data scientists to develop new measurement methods to help advertisers understand how their ads change customer behavior. In this role you will work with other scientists, engineers, and product managers on high impact initiatives, from scrappy prototypes to global launches of large-scale measurement systems.
The Measurement and Data Science team develops machine learning algorithms and high performance, petabyte-scale distributed systems utilizing big data and streaming technologies to report on and optimize advertising. Our innovative engineers and machine learning scientists sit at the intersection of two vast data sources - our systems process billions of ad impressions daily from across the internet and Amazon site, and customers’ shopping activities. The opportunities for research are endless.
It’s Day One in Amazon Advertising and you will play a leading role to build out our scientific infrastructure and create our research environment. Collaborating with scientists, software engineers and product managers, you will:
· Prototype new measurement techniques with high velocity
· Learn about the questions advertisers ask about how their ads work… then answer them.
· Contribute to large scale systems and global launches
We're going to change the way that customers research products online and how companies understand and interact with their customers. Come learn with us.
· Bachelor's Degree
· 3+ years of experience with data scripting languages (e.g SQL, Python, R etc.) or statistical/mathematical software (e.g. R, SAS, or Matlab)
· 2 years working as a Data Scientist
· Masters or PhD Degree in Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Computer Science, Operations Research, Economics or a related quantitative field.
· Experience in the Ad-Tech industry
· Proven ability to effectively advocate technical solutions to research scientists, engineering teams and business audiences.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.