This Senior Research Scientist & Strategist role is on a central strategy team supporting Global Corporate Affairs. The individual selected for this position will create and execute numerous high-impact projects related to global strategy development. The work will challenge you to be resourceful, think big while staying connected to the details, translate data-driven insights into strategic recommendations, and embrace a high degree of change and ambiguity. The scope and scale of what we strive to achieve is immense, but it’s also meaningful and energizing.
· Independently (and in partnership with internal stakeholders) develop, propose, and execute research projects that provide actionable insights to our many global stakeholders
· Manage and expand our partnerships with internal research teams and external research agencies with whom we partner
· Connect findings across research projects (primary and secondary) to generate overarching insights
· Communicate data-driven insights and recommendations through presentations, papers, and other internal communication channels
· Provide consultation and create trainings on research fundamentals/best practices, survey design, and developing appropriate KPIs for teams across the organization
· Bachelor’s degree
· 8+ years of research experience
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
· Doctoral degree, ideally in one of the social sciences (e.g., PhD in psychology, sociology, or political science)
· Experience creating and executing quantitative and qualitative research projects from beginning to end, including identifying relevant research questions, constructing the appropriate research design/methodology, analyzing the data, and reporting the results
· Experience teaching others how to create surveys and derive insights from data
· Familiarity with the legal and compliance considerations for data management within a corporate (i.e., non-academic) setting
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with an ability to communicate research findings to audiences that do not have a research background
· An eagerness to learn, experiment, invent, and have an impact