This position can sit in NY, Bay Area, Seattle or London
Amazon Web Services (AWS) provides companies of all sizes with an infrastructure web services platform in the cloud. With AWS you can requisition compute power, storage, and many other services – gaining access to a suite of elastic IT infrastructure services as your business demands them. AWS is the leading platform for designing and developing applications for the cloud and is growing at a staggering pace in terms of revenue, customers, people, and complexity.
Reporting to the VP, Worldwide Financial Services, this role is responsible for the all-inclusive strategy for Worldwide Financial Services and has day to day responsibility for all partner sales and co-selling with the AWS field sales teams. This individual will need to collaborate effectively with internal stakeholders, sales teams, and partner sales and technical teams, be results driven with experience in sales, channel, or business development in infrastructure or cloud services. The successful candidate must have demonstrated leadership qualities, and will draw upon experience in sales, relationship building, and both direct and matrix operating structures. The individual must have deep experience in supporting a constantly evolving channel and alliances team, being the local presence of the business, and delivering against targets.
· Manage a partner sales target delivered through a broad set of AWS Partner Network (APN) Consulting and Technology Partners within Worldwide Financial Services.
· Lead a team of partner success managers as well as partner solution architects that are responsible for the overall success of APN partners selling with the AWS field teams.
· Represent AWS as the Head of Channel and Alliances for Worldwide Financial Services and participate in industry and partner events to deliver thought leadership on how AWS partners.
· Own the development and execution of the all-inclusive partner strategy across SI, MSP, VAR, and ISV for Worldwide Financial Services, including the annual planning cycle.
· As the voice of the AWS field, engage with AWS partner management and partner core team leaders to support the recruitment and build of partner capability within the Worldwide Financial Services.
· Manage and develop multiple senior sales and technical relationships across a wide range of top partners within Worldwide Financial Services and establish the partner success team as the single point of contact for selling with AWS.
· Drive efficiencies and operational improvements across the partner success function and be an active voice for change and improvement to the partner core teams.
· Manage the operational cadence of business reviews (MBR, QBR) with the sales leadership across Worldwide Financial Services
· 15+ years Financial Services 10+ years of experience in sales/channel/business development
· Experience building and leading teams and have worked in matrix operating structures
· Demonstrated track record of success with sales/channel teams
· Strong verbal & written communication skills with senior leaders
· Demonstrated ability to manage multiple competing priorities simultaneously and drive goals to completion
· MBA/Technical Undergraduate/Master’s Degree
· Experience and familiarity with the AWS platform, products, solutions and capabilities
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation