The AWS Center for Quantum Computing is a multi-disciplinary team of scientists, engineers, and technicians, all working to innovate in quantum computing for the benefit of our customers. We are looking to hire a Quantum Research Scientist to design and model novel superconducting quantum devices, including qubits and their readout and control schemes. Candidates with a track record of original scientific contributions will be preferred. We are looking for candidates with strong engineering principles, resourcefulness, and a bias for action. Organization and communication skills are essential.
At the AWS CQC, we understand that developing quantum computing technology is a marathon, not a sprint. Mental and physical wellness is encouraged within our team and throughout AWS. The work/life integration within Amazon encourages a culture where employees work hard and have ownership over their downtime. We are exploring more structured wellness elements including for example meditation, running group meet-ups, and other wellness tips.
Mentorship and Career Growth
We are committed to the growth and development of every member of the Center for Quantum Computing. You will receive career-growth-minded management and mentorship from a software and science team and also have the opportunity to participate in Amazon's science mentorship programs.
Inclusive and Diverse Culture
The AWS CQC is intentional about attracting, developing, and retaining amazing talent from diverse backgrounds to build a world class team. We’re looking for a new teammate who is enthusiastic, empathetic, curious, motivated, reliable, and able to work effectively with their peers. With quantum computing being a new and growing initiative within AWS, you would have an opportunity to make an impact on our budding team culture.
· PhD in physics, applied physics, electrical engineering, or equivalent degree in a similar field
· Knowledge of quantum mechanics, with expertise in at least one of the following topics: superconducting qubits, hybrid quantum acoustic devices, cavity/circuit QED, quantum optics, open quantum systems, superconductivity (phenomenology or microscopic theory)
· Experience with microwave and/or multiphysics modeling software (one or more of COMSOL, Sonnet, Microwave Office, ANSYS, Keysight ADS, Cadence AWR, etc.)
· Proficient in a scientific programming environment (one or more of Julia, Python, Mathematica, MATLAB)
· Effective working in a team environment with other engineers, scientists and technicians who have a wide range of technical skill levels
· Comfortable working in a diverse group with a geographically distributed team and contributing to an inclusive culture