The Connections Research team is hiring Interns in Economics. We are looking for detail-oriented, organized, and responsible individuals who are eager to learn how to work with large and complicated data sets. Knowledge of econometrics, as well as familiarity with Python is necessary, and experience with machine learning libraries in Python, Stata, SQL, and UNIX would be a plus.
These are full-time positions at 40 hours per week, with compensation being awarded on an hourly basis. You will learn how to do data analysis at the intersection of econometrics and machine learning, collaborating with other Economists, applied scientists, and research scientists. These skills will translate well into writing applied chapters in your dissertation and provide you with work experience that may help you with placement.
Roughly 50% of research assistants from previous cohorts have converted to full time data science or economics employment at Amazon. If you are interested, please send your CV to our mailing list at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
· PhD student in Economics (enrolled in 3rd year or more and not currently on the job market)
· Knowledge of econometrics
· Familiarity with Python
· Attention to detail
· Interest in the intersection of econometrics and machine learning
· Advanced knowledge of Python for data analysis (pandas and sklearn)
· Basic knowledge of SQL, Stata, UNIX
· Experience working with large data sets