Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for a best-in-class Software Development Engineer for the Internet Automation team in Seattle, Washington. This team is working in the heart of AWS global network. We are looking to hire motivated, best-in-class Software and Systems Engineers for our Seattle engineering centre. The engineers within our team are instrumental in allowing us drive the stability and sustainability of our next-generation networks and to discover innovative ways to automate and scale our network as we expand globally.
Our ideal candidate is highly autonomous, very detail oriented, possesses strong written and verbal communication skills and has significant experience of supporting large scale, enterprise class networks. Our Engineers work hand-in-hand with other Software and Systems Development teams and Network Operations to automate and invent new ways of operating Amazon's Next-Generation Network. The desire and ability to work in a fast paced, collaborative environment is essential. In addition to providing top-tier management and support of Amazon's vast network infrastructure, our Engineers are expected to develop best practices, refine operational procedure and constantly think pro-actively and with innovation.
This is an excellent opportunity to join Amazon's world class technical teams, working with some of the best and brightest engineers while also developing your skills and furthering your career within one of the most innovative and progressive technology companies anywhere.
· Our ideal candidate is highly autonomous, very detail oriented, possesses strong written and verbal communication skills.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills and an ability to interact efficiently with peers and customers is required.
· The desire and ability to work in a fast paced, collaborative environment is essential.
· In depth experience in working with Linux/Unix environments.
· Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering or related technical discipline
· Software development skills are required, specifically in Python & Java
· Knowledge of major Internet routing protocols such BGP and OSPF
· Knowledge of Internet security such as RPKI and/or ROAs.
· Knowledge of the general Internet peering/transit ecosystem.
· Strong Linux experience from provisioning to performance tuning, and a solid grasp on operating system fundamentals.
· Excellent analytical skills.
· Graduate degree a plus.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.