Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
Ideal candidate is a results-driven, deeply technical, and highly innovative software development engineer with the affinity to seek and solve challenging problems in distributed systems, cloud analytics, data visualizations aiming to intelligently improve the customer experience across Amazon device families.
· Bachelor’s degree in computer science or closely related field.
· Knowledge of at least one programming language, such as Java or Python.
· Knowledge of computer science fundamentals in data structures, algorithms, object-oriented design.
· Adaptable, enterprising, and willing to take ownership.
· Knowledge of RESTful distributed systems with high scalability and availability requirement using Java and/or Python Flask.
· Knowledge of frontend libraries/frameworks like React and/or Angular Framework.
· Knowledge of Data Modeling for SQL and NoSQL database systems, ORM Frameworks such as Hibernate, SQL Alchemy, etc.
· Working with cloud architecture, web services, and web sites
· Knowledge of professional software engineering best practices including coding standards, source code management & build processes.