Amazon.com is looking for best in class Optical Engineers to help build one of the world’s largest and most complex networks. With Amazon Web Services (http://aws.amazon.com), our goal is to become “The Infrastructure Platform” to the world. Our customers demand the highest quality and reliability for their services. As we expand at a tremendous rate it is our responsibility to maintain that quality and reliability. We look for innovative ways to automate and scale our network as we expand, while driving complex issues to resolution.
As an Optical Deployment Engineer working within AWS Infrastructure you will:
· Build and rollout our global DWDM networks
· Drive scaling current DWDM designs to meet the demand of our customers
· Create processes that help operate and build our DWDM network
· Work closely with other Networking departments on new designs
· Evaluate alternative equipment and drive commercial tender process
· Ensure that the DWDM network adheres to the defined network standards
· Review and implement changes on the DWDM network
· Drive operational excellence projects to drive improvements in our DWDM network quality and reliability
· Troubleshoot complex problems and develop innovative solutions day to day on our network.
This is an amazing opportunity in terms of responsibility, interesting challenges and high visibility. We truly are looking for the highest quality candidates, so you should expect a rigorous technical interview process.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
· Bachelor’s Degree in a technology related field or equivalent experience to a Bachelor's degree
· 4+ years’ Optical Engineering experience
· 4+ years' experience working with IP networking fundamentals
· 4+ years' experience working with DWDM platforms
· Excellent and in-depth knowledge of optical technologies
· Good working knowledge of IP networking fundamentals
· Knowledge of SNMP, TL1 or XML-based management protocols
· Experience with optical planning and modeling tools
· Excellent network analysis fundamentals and robust troubleshooting skills.
· Experience with the operational support of large DWDM networks
· Strong Unix skills and the ability to script/program in a language are desirable.
· Good knowledge of L2 switching and L3 routing is desirable
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role