Amazon strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. By giving customers more of what they want - low prices, vast selection, and convenience - Amazon continues to grow and evolve as a world-class e-commerce platform. Amazon's evolution from Web site to e-commerce partner to development platform is driven by the spirit of innovation that is part of the company's DNA. The world's brightest technology minds come to Amazon to research and develop technology that improves the lives of shoppers and sellers around the world.
Amazon is seeking an experienced Benefits Operations Manager to join our Global Benefits Operations Services Team within the Human Resources organization. This role will partner extensively with internal stakeholders and external partners to develop and execute against a multi-year road map for benefit administration support. As an individual contributor, strong change and project management skills are critical to this role. The ideal candidate will be able to work independently, will be innovative, an effective communicator, hands on work on work style, have a desire to participate in change, and appreciate a dynamic environment with rapidly changing priorities. We are seeking someone with a demonstrated history of successfully owning and managing large, complex problems and engaging with cross-functional teams, and numerous stakeholders, directly and through influence.
-Change Management: Responsible for developing and executing change management strategies for benefits delivery and operational activities. Conduct business and technical impact assessments, maintain and document procedural changes, SOP development and ensure stakeholder awareness.
-Project Management: Responsible for implementing new benefit plans/programs and implementing changes to existing ones. Develop standard administrative processes or solutions that align recommendations with IT solutions (e.g. enrollment and education tools); and facilitate approval from stakeholders. Responsible for supporting cyclical benefits events and activities, such as annual enrollment and plan renewals.
-Implementation support: Develop implementation and integration strategies for new or changing benefits plans, providers and processes. Provide consultation and SME support to internal stakeholders and outside vendors. Conduct new program readiness assessments and develop/ implements training materials, tools and resources.
-Vendor Management: Lead or participate in vendor selection activities, statement of work and SLA development, cultural onboarding and integration of new benefits plans and providers into Amazon’s benefits ecosystem. Develop and implement escalation resolution path with new vendors, manage vendor performance, manage administrative and implementation audits, own continuous improvements and employee experience.
-Continuous Improvement: Own overall service quality at process level. Define and monitor benefits administration critical to quality (CTQs) metrics, perform root cause analysis on defects and implement remediation; own continuous improvement strategy.
-Customer Service: Manage employee escalations processes on full range of benefit and pension related topics. Work with internal employee support teams to manage appeals and exceptions intake, review and determination. Develop and monitor key customer service metrics for benefits vendors and internal delivery teams.
-Travel: Able to travel globally and domestically (up to 25%).
· Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, HR or related field
· 8+ years of relevant project and program management experience
· Experience in U.S. benefits programs and administration management, U.S. benefits compliance and regulations including but not limited to ERISA, HIPAA, COBRA, and ACA.
· Demonstrated ability to achieve program success through influence and partnership from design to delivering of initiatives
· Excellent written and verbal communications skills with ability to interface with all levels of the organization and demonstrated ability to influence decision makers
· Deep understanding and experience in delivering high levels of customer service
· Highly organized, able to prioritize and work under pressure on a number of projects/initiatives at the same time in a rapidly growing environment
· Strong data analysis skills; the ability to extract and synthesize data in order to make data-backed business decisions
· Successful record of building operational processes and procedures, continuously improving programs and efficiencies
· Experience managing large-scale employee benefit or pension administration programs, associated vendor management, and program development, execution and results
· Exceptional analytical skills, including proven abilities in process development and data management, financial accounting, reporting, auditing and reconciliations, and strengths in reporting and communicating data and trends to business leaders
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.