Amazon’s Technical Customer Experience Strategy team builds products and provides services that measure the customer experience and performance of Amazon services and digital products around the world. Our team inspects, measures, and drives improvements for Amazon’s technical products, and presents recommendations to senior leaders in order to influence and drive changes that ultimately better serve our customers. We are driving the next wave of innovation in measurement and reporting of customer experience spanning services across AWS, Alexa, and beyond.
We are looking for a Sr. Network Engineer to help drive our endeavor to study networking and content delivery solutions in public and hybrid clouds. You will help oversee the setup and operations of a customer like data center that will be connected to AWS and the deployment of the latest products and services in the hybrid computing space such as AWS Outposts, Kubernetes, Direct Connect, and VPN. You will work with senior leaders to build a roadmap for studying networking and content delivery solutions in both public and hybrid clouds. You will drive programs to provide customer insights and conduct hands-on research with the goal of improving customer experience and performance. You will help Amazon continually raise the bar and help achieve our vision: to be Earth's Most Customer-Centric Company. The right candidate is intrigued by and passionate about technology, and will be excited about the opportunity to be our customer advocate and influence their experience with Amazon!
· Oversee the design, build, and operations of a secure data center lab network for hybrid cloud studies.
· Build working relationships with internal stakeholders to understand priorities and define our roadmap for studying networking, content delivery, and hybrid cloud solutions
· Lead large and complex studies through scope alignment, design, data collection and analysis, presenting results to senior management, and collaborating with them on actions to implement product and service solutions or enhancements
· Collaborate with technical stakeholders (software developers, technical program managers, solution architects, business intelligence teams) to plan, design, and develop a portfolio of methodology, tools, and systems for data collection, and data analysis
· Work cross-functionally with peers/colleagues globally to support training, best practices, and shared opportunities
· Track global industry trends, continuously innovate to develop new methodologies and standards for evaluating customer experience, and drive process improvements and efficiencies
· Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or related field
· 7+ years of experience as a network engineer or related role
· 2+ years of experience scripting in common languages (Perl, Python, Shell, Ruby)
· 2+ years experience with TCP/IP network setup, administration and troubleshooting Familiarity with setting up switches, routers and firewalls of various providers
· Working knowledge of networking fundamentals including routing protocols (BGP), STP, VLAN, DNS, HTTP
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.