The Kindle Ingestion and Expansion (KIX) team enables independent authors, content creators and publishers to publish their content as eBooks for distribution to the Kindle Store, Kindle Unlimited and the Kindle Owners’ Lending Library; as well as in print formats for sale on Amazon’s global marketplaces, bookstores and other online retailers using Amazon’s state-of-the-art Print on Demand (POD) technology. KIX is an important part of Amazon’s vision to provide its Kindle and print books customers with the world’s largest selection in the format they prefer – eBook or paperback.
The KIX Support Engineering team provides tier 2&3 services production support and is responsible for providing multifaceted services to the Kindle digital product family of development teams and working with production operations teams for software product release coordination and deployment. This job requires you to hit the ground running and your ability to learn quickly and work on disparate and overlapping tasks that will define your success.
Key Job Functions Include these...
· Provide support of incoming tickets, including extensive troubleshooting tasks, with responsibilities covering multiple products, features and services
· Work on operations and maintenance driven coding projects, primarily in shell scripts, web technologies, with the potential for Java based projects
· Software deployment support in staging and production environments
· Develop tools to aid operations and maintenance
· System and Support status reporting
· Ownership of one or more Digital products or components
· Customer notification and workflow coordination and follow-up to maintain service level agreements
· Work with support team for handing-off or taking over active support issues and creating a team specific knowledge base and skill set
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent combination of technical education and work experience
· Strong knowledge of programming, Operating System and Data structures concepts preferred
· Prior Experience with Bash/Shell script, Python, or similar scripting languages
· Experience with databases such as MySQL, MS Access, Amazon RDS, DynamoDB, Redis or MongoDB.
· Ability to understand technical specifications, distributed systems architecture and ability to deep dive on service/application logs
· 2+ years of software support and deployment experience
· Comfortable communicating cross-functionally and across management levels in formal and informal settings
· Strong organizational skills, tracking multiple test executions simultaneously and ability to synthesize the results
· Experience working and coordinating with distributed worldwide teams
· Shows creativity and initiative to improve productivity and develop defect reduction strategies using automation or creative processes