Have you ever ordered a product on Amazon and when that box with the smile arrives you wonder how it got to you so fast? Wondered where it came from and how much it would have cost Amazon? If so, Amazon’s Supply Chain Optimization Technologies (SCOT) team is for you. We build systems to peer into the future and estimate the distribution of tens of millions of products every week to Amazon’s warehouses in the most cost-effective way. When customers place orders, our systems use real time, large scale optimization techniques to optimally choose where to ship from and how to consolidate multiple orders so that customers get their shipments on time or faster with the lowest possible transportation costs. This team is focused on saving hundreds of millions of dollars using cutting edge science, machine learning, and scalable distributed software on the Cloud that automates and optimizes inventory and shipments to customers under the uncertainty of demand, pricing and supply.
To learn more about Supply Chain Optimization Technologies (SCOT) at Amazon, watch this amazing video: http://bit.ly/amazon-scot.
We are looking for a Software Development Manager to join our growing S&OP team located in Austin. You will drive the Amazon WW supply chain by seeing into the future to define a plan for success on how our fulfillment center (FC) labor, product placement, inventory buying and capacity planning should be optimized to handle the volume of inbound vendor freight and customer shipments WW. You will use a combination of deep machine learning, innovative software design and a world class user experience to ensure that we meet our customer's expectations in getting their order as fast as possible to them. You will collaborate with engineering, business and science teams across the globe to continuously strive to exceed those customer expectations. This is a highly visible opportunity to join the organization that drives the most complex and successful supply chain in the world!
You will own your success by working with a world class group of software engineers to design, build and deploy software systems that solve some of the toughest problems in Amazon. This will require you to establish a software roadmap based on your vision to constantly drive measurable improvements in the business of SCOT using a combination of new software components and AWS technologies. You will work on the cutting edge of machine learning science collaborating with a world class group of scientists to continuously drive innovation. If want to blend science, software and UX into a world class solution, this is the team for you.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
· BS in Software Engineering or equivalent work experience.
· 6+ years of experience in software development.
· 3+ years of experience in successfully
managing software teams for success.
· Excellent problem solving skills.
· Possess an extremely sound understanding of computer science algorithms, data structures, object oriented design and databases.
· Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as C, C++, Java, or Python.
· Good written and oral communication skills
· Basic working knowledge of building machine learning solutions to solve real world business problems.
· Experience leading research-oriented software development teams.
· Understanding of system architecture and experience with large distributed systems.
· Experience in forecasting, machine learning, or operations research.
· Be a fast learner and have the ability to adapt quickly to a fast-paced development environment.