Amazon Advertising is dedicated to driving measurable outcomes for brand advertisers and agencies. Our ad solutions—including sponsored, display, video, and custom ads—leverage Amazon’s innovations and insights to find, attract, and engage intended audiences throughout their daily journeys. With a range of flexible pricing and buying models, including self-service, managed service, and programmatic ad buying, these solutions help clients build brand awareness, increase product sales, and more.
The Global Verticals team is the Sales team leading the global headquarter relationships with Amazon Advertising’s top clients, typically the world’s leading Consumer Packaged Goods and Consumer Electronics manufacturers. For each client, we work client-direct with Global Media VPs and their teams, global e-commerce leadership, global brand teams, as well as with their media agencies’ global client teams – to develop global Joint Business Plans, operationalize the global relationship, drive Advertising’s inclusion in key brands’ global media planning, interface with clients’ programmatic and ad tech approaches, and help solve clients’ marketing and media challenges with the breadth of our analytics and insights.
To support our increasing inclusion in the media planning processes of our top clients, we are creating the role of Global Measurement Leads: As media effectiveness experts, they create research frameworks that match up the global brand planning and global learning plans we create with our top clients, with industry- standard and Amazon-specific measurement approaches. For this, a person in this role will own the relationship to global CMI / CMK / consumer research functions with several global top clients, collaborating closely to measure true business value across online and offline effects, and driving thought leadership how a client can improve their total business outcomes through inclusion of Amazon Advertising in their local, regional and global media plans. Internally, they will drive reapplication of their successful approaches to more global clients, e.g. by building learning frameworks and successful case studies, to be leveraged with global and local top clients around the world. Ideally, candidates for this role will be able to demonstrate expertise in advertising research as well as strength in relationship-building roles, having grown client spend and successfully challenged current approaches.
Focus and Deliverables:
1. Grow the relationship with global research functions at clients and their agency teams, by representing the breadth and complexity of advertising products and research tools to the functional experts, and by communicating the resulting business impact to a C-level executive audience at client and agency. (Goals: new contacts made, thought leadership, Director/VP/C-level meetings, and define adoption of measurement solutions / strategy)
2. Collaborate with Sales and Account Management functions to create global-local learning plans, leveraging Amazon first-party data as well as industry-standard ad effectiveness studies, so that advertisers understand the relative impact of different marketing strategies across digital platforms and across media (Goal: global clients with an agreed and funded learning plan for 1-3 year lens, CMI / CMK endorsing learning agenda subsequent execution of the plan)
3. Drive internal scale in the global team and CPG / CE / etc verticals around the world through templatization, productization and knowledge sharing (Goal: internal adoption and re-use along with incorporated deliverables to joint business plans, scale through Field Sales templates to 3rd party measurement and data owners)
4. Collaborate with ad product and data product teams at the Seattle HQ and globally to identify opportunities for new features, products, and partnerships, while levering your client partnerships, e.g. for inclusion in product alphas and betas. (Goal: Client inclusion in early feedback and subsequent testing rounds)
· Bachelor's degree in an analytical field such as Commerce, Economics, Finance, Mathematics, or Statistics
· 10 + years relevant working experience in consulting, research or analytics research
· Direct experience independently scoping and executing a research project from start to finish
· Experience working with advertising measurement methods and technologies, such as brand lift, brand health, MMM modelling and consumer insights research; analysing data sets to understand patterns and provide client insights
· Client-facing experience, including experience in driving change through adoption of new products or research methods
· Travel to global client and agency stakeholders is projected at an average of 5-10 days a month
· Experience working with structured and unstructured data-sets, statistical software such as R, MATLAB, SPSS, SAS, STATA, and Hive and/or SQL
· Experience working in, or with, CPG clients’ consumer research functions