Customer Reviews, Deals and Content Moderation are community driven experiences that are key to the Amazon experience worldwide. Join the applied research team in Berlin, Germany supporting Community Shopping and driving the customer experience for these important programs.
The problems are real, with tangible customer impact. The work sits at the intersection of research and engineering, driving better quality in our reviews corpus, ensuring appropriate content across customer-submitted images and video at massive scale. You will partner closely with our engineering teams to develop novel algorithms, present your work to product and engineering teams at Amazon, publish scientific papers and apply for patents for your inventions.
We are an applied research group in Berlin, Germany creating novel solutions in collaboration with product and engineering teams at the core of some of Amazon’s biggest and most engaged systems. If that sounds interesting for you and if you would like to live in one of the most exciting places of the world, then we have the perfect role for you. We have open Applied Scientist positions for all levels of experience and this is what we are looking for:
· Design, implement and evaluate novel computer vision algorithms
· Work on large-scale datasets, creating scalable, robust and accurate computer vision systems
· Collaborate closely with engineers to drive systems from prototyping to production level
· Collaborate with teams spread all around the world
· PhD in computer vision/machine learning or related experience
· Broad knowledge of fundamentals and state-of-the-art in computer vision/machine learning
· Coding skills in one or more programming languages such as Python, Scala, Java, C, C++
· Proven track record of successful models and practical implementation
· Hands-on experience with popular ML frameworks such as MxNet or TensorFlow
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Experience with application development practices at scale, from problem definition to deployment.
· Ability to work independently and in a team, understand business requirements and make the right trade-offs
· Familiarity with AWS services such as SageMaker is considered a plus
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.