Are you passionate about Android? Do you want to develop the next generation of mobile products? If so, join us on the Appstore Team in Chennai. We’re a new group starting in Chennai that are empowered and driven to build world class experiences for end users. As a part of the Amazon.com group of companies, we benefit from the resources of a stable, forward-thinking Fortune 100 company coupled with the agility and independence of a start-up.
We’re looking for a Software Development Engineer Intern to help us execute on our vision. This person will help drive the technical innovation deliverables for the entire mobile development team.
Specifically, you will:
· Help drive the architecture and technology choices that enable a world-class user experience
· Utilize various metrics sources to deliver rapid iterations of software features
· Solve difficult problems with elegant and practical code
· Raise the bar on quality, consistency, maintainability, efficiency, security and all the other things that make great software
· Help define engineering best practices and provide technical mentorship to other members of the engineering team
· Be responsible for designing, developing and deploying medium sized projects
· Be a champion for the user: Insist on the highest standards, create functional and engaging features, and ensure their needs always come first
· Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· Strong analytical thinker who knows how to pick the right tool for the right job
· Knowledge of software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
· Strong communication skills
· Knowledge of building highly trafficked mobile experiences e.g. Android applications, iOS applications, etc.