This is an opportunity to join our Risk Management team during the early stages of our growth to help us digitize our customers’ operations. In this role, you will report to a Sr Risk Manager and works closely with our business partners who lead the Amazon Community Together (ACT) program to define the program’s technology requirements, build a technology vision and roadmap, and work with software development engineers and third party software providers to automate the program where possible. The product manager will be critical in establishing a technical architecture that allows the program to scale and grow. The position is located at Amazon.com headquarters in Seattle, Washington.
ACT is a program that pairs associates with local and national non-profit organization’s based on community needs. ACT partners with greater than 750 non-profits, supporting over 145 Amazon locations across 31 states and is laser focused on an aggressive nationwide expansion. This product manager will need to develop a technical roadmap that solves for some of the program’s inherent technical needs. These include, but are not limited to: developing use cases for an internal/external UI that allows non-profits and Amazon locations to proactively sign up community support, developing requirements for a time tacking tool, supporting call center technology requirements (e.g. Amazon Connect), and building out claim management and reporting requirements.
The successful candidate is someone who will have demonstrated experience leading large projects/initiatives, and will have a well-rounded technical background. This will allow them to capitalize on opportunities by designing products and processes based on customer needs. You must be able to thrive and succeed in an entrepreneurial environment, and not be hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities. This means you are not only able to develop and drive high-level strategic initiatives, but you can also roll up your sleeves, dig in and get the job done. You will anticipate setbacks, provide escalation management when necessary, and balance key business needs. An ability to take large, complex projects, break them down into manageable pieces, develop a solid execution plan and then deliver them in a timely manner is essential to success in the role.
Senior Product Manager - Responsibilities
· Partner with key stakeholders across ACT to define a product strategy vision throughout the team
· Drive product management and work with engineering teams to design, develop, and launch new products and make enhancements to existing products
· Develop new governance, communication, roadmaps, and milestones for a multiyear program
· Create program goals and related metrics, track progress and manage obstacles to achieve your objectives
· Understand the current landscape and evaluate opportunities for automation across Risk Management and ACT reporting systems
· Manage and resource projects appropriately to allow for on time delivery and success
· You will work closely with engineering resources
· You weigh in on technology choices and will help ACT make the right architecture trade-offs
- Define technical requirements and build consensus with developers and your customers on technical approach. This role will assess when design/implementation choices pose a risk to our ability to innovate/deliver future value
· Bachelor’s degree with emphasis in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Computer Science and/or Business
· A deep understanding of the software development lifecycle, and a track record of launching on time
· 7+ years of relevant work or consulting experience
· A hands-on leader with a proven track record of transforming financial processes
· Strong understanding of financial systems and processes
· Strong verbal and written communication/presentation skills
· Comfortable leading senior leadership meetings and the ability to simplify complex topics for broad audiences
· Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges
· Experience in product management with new/emerging technologies
· A passion for people management and mentoring
· Strong attention to detail and ability to work in a dynamic, fast paced environment
· Experience with UI Development and consolidation systems integration and implementation work
· Previous experience with strategy articulation and establishing visions resulting in enterprise transformation, either in-house and/or with a professional services firm
· Previous experience with technology evaluation and selection: build vs. buy, discovery, vendor selection, ongoing support models, feature enhancements, deprecation
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.