Amazon's Legal Department is looking for a talented Senior Contracts Manager to support Amazon Web Services, a dynamic and rapidly growing business within Amazon.com. Amazon Web Services is at the forefront of the "cloud" computing and service industry providing IT infrastructure services such as on-demand compute capacity, storage, content delivery, database services, browsers and more. As a Senior Contracts Manager with the AWS Commercial Sales and Marketing Legal, you will partner with AWS’s business teams to draft and negotiate technology agreements, provide day-to-day contracting advice, implement process improvements, and much more. This position could manage legal professionals. The successful candidate must have excellent communication skills as this position involves direct contact with principal business owners. The successful candidate must be inquisitive, enthusiastic about technology, enjoy working hard and being continually challenged, and demonstrate sound judgment even in ambiguous situations. This position is based in Seattle, WA.
· 6+ years of contracts management, paralegal, or other comparable experience within a law firm or legal department
· Bachelor's Degree
· In-house legal experience or law degree is a plus
· Ability to demonstrate sound judgment even in ambiguous situations
· Ability to work independently and as part of a cross-functional team
· Strong organizational and project management skills
· Strong written and oral communication skills
· Experience managing people and developing high performing legal professionals
· Common sense, great judgment, and a good sense of humor
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.