IT Services is seeking an experienced, self-motivated instructional designer who thrives in a fast-paced environment and has a strong training development background. An ideal candidate is skilled to establish an effective training program that delivers engaging content and helps IT engineers learn, perform and provide world class service to our internal customers. You must be an experienced instructional designer, effective communicator and efficient program manager with the ability to handle multiple, competing priorities and coordinate work across teams.
This role focuses on defining and driving training and instructional design strategy for internal Amazon IT support team. It does not typically involve training delivery. This role requires a collaborative team member who can successfully work across all levels of organization. The employee will establish an effective training program, and negotiate resources and priorities with stakeholders. This employee will conduct needs analysis, identify training needs, design appropriate training solutions and work with subject matter experts to create and produce training material for technical audience under tight deadlines. The candidate will proactively engage with key stakeholders to communicate program’s impact and metrics, and ensure that the program helps organization to meet business goals.
Specific responsibilities will include:
· Define and execute a training strategy that meets the needs of learners, stakeholders and business.
· Conduct training needs and knowledge gap analysis, and design effective training solutions to address training needs and close knowledge gaps for IT Services.
· Produce engaging course content, learning activities and knowledge assessments to measure learners’ outcomes for instructor-led, online, virtual and blended modalities.
· Promote learning through self-study, practice, performance support, socialization and knowledge-sharing.
· Continually evaluate solutions for quality, business impact, and scalability.
· Leverage technology to improve learners’ access to knowledge and provide just in time learning.
· Participate in a community of learning professionals to share best practices and identify emerging learning needs.
· 6+ years of experience in instructional design and developing learning content.
· Bachelor's degree or higher in instructional design, adult learning, or related field.
· Experience conducting training needs and knowledge gap analyses and select appropriate learning solutions to address them.
· Expertise in designing, developing, planning, implementing and assessing training.
· Proficiency with Articulate Storyline and related SCORM compliant production tools.
· Experience developing a variety of learning modalities such as eLearning, performance support aids, online tutorials, gaming, and collaborative learning environments.
· Ability to collaborate with global stakeholders, subject matter experts, and their managers.
· Experience developing learning solutions to current industry and adult learning standards.
· Excellent writing and editing skills.
· LMS (e.g. Cornerstone) administration experience including publishing of eLearning modules and learning assessments.
· Proven project management experience and the ability to prioritize, manage and complete concurrent projects with tight deadlines.
· Ability to communicate difficult concepts and processes using clear and simple language and visuals.
· Proficient with Microsoft products such as Office Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
· Graduate degree in instructional design, adult learning, or a related field.
· Industry certifications in instructional design, curriculum development, performance improvement, project management, and content-specific certifications as appropriate (e.g. CPLP, CPT, PMP, etc.).
· History of leading improvements in learning strategy and content.
· Experience in a major corporate training environment working on instructional design assignments across multiple teams or groups.
· Proficiency with authoring tools such as Vyond, Camtasia, Captivate.
· Proficiency with SharePoint, Visio, HTML, Photoshop, Illustrator, and Dreamweaver is a plus.
· Experience developing and supporting training for technical teams.
· Experience working with global audience.