The Remote Path Forward Return to Work program at Amazon is a 16- week paid returnship for experienced professionals returning to the workforce after taking time off. The program is open to individuals who have at least 2 years of professional experience and have been out of the paid workforce for at least 1 year and is not currently in a university program.
The Return to Work program inspires technologists to relaunch after taking a break in their career. This platform gives candidates an opportunity to work at Amazon, and provides on-the-job training to sharpen their professional skills while working on real world customer solutions. Participants will get training on SDE tools and technologies and technical mentoring. It also offers support through Path Forward, a nonprofit organization on a mission to empower people who’ve been focused on career breaks transition back to the paid workforce.
At Amazon we believe that every day is still day one.
A day to take a first step. A day to look forwards to new challenges. And today is that day for you. It's your day to be part of something great. A day to make your ideas come to life. And your day to join a company that redefines itself every day. That's the energy and passion behind Amazon. At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright and driven people. Amazon is one of the most recognizable brand names in the world and we distribute millions of products each year to our loyal customers.
Come join this Software Development Returnship program building robust, intuitive, feature rich applications for our valued customers. This program is 100% virtual during the 16 week returnship program. There is a possibility of a full time offer conversions post returnship. These full time offers will likely be based out of Seattle, and all full time opportunities will offer relocation packages.
· Is not currently enrolled in a Bachelors or Masters degree program
· Has a Bachelor or Master’s degree in computer science or a related technical field or comparable experience
· 2+ years experience
· Ability to read and analyze existing code
· Strong written, verbal, and collaboration skills
· Self starter with strong work ethic with a passion for problem-solving
· Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
· Flexibility and ability to adapt to changing priorities and technologies
· Open to relocate to Seattle
· Participate in the agile feature/product design process working with cross-functional teams including: Product Management, Experience Design, QA and Operations
· Collaborate with other engineers to share best practices and knowledge of emerging technologies
· Engage with customers to get a first-hand understanding of their needs
· Design and rapidly prototype proposed solutions
· Implement features, products, and enhancements that improve the user experience
· Production support involved with monitoring production systems and remediating issues
· Participate and lead peer code reviews
· Write domain specific automated unit tests