Are you inspired by building new technologies to benefit customers? Do you dream of being at the forefront of and system technology? Would you enjoy working in a fast paced, highly collaborative, start-up like ? If you answered yes to any of these then you've got to check out the Amazon Scout team.
We’ve been hard at work developing a new, fully-electric delivery system – Amazon Scout – designed to get packages to customers using delivery devices. These devices were created by Amazon, are the size of a small cooler, and roll along sidewalks at a walking pace. We developed Amazon Scout at our research and development lab in Seattle, ensuring the devices can safely and efficiently navigate around pets, pedestrians and anything else in their path.
The Amazon Scout team shares a passion for innovation using advanced technologies, a love of solving complex challenges, and a desire to impact customers in a meaningful way. We're looking for individuals who like dealing with ambiguity, solving hard, large scale problems, and working in a startup like environment. To learn more about Amazon Scout, check out our Amazon Day One Blog post here: http://amazon.com/scout.
We're looking for a versatile leader of who is able to go technically deep, lead and grow a strong team of engineers and scientists.
· BSc in Science or other related engineering field
· 6+ years experience developing software
· 6+ years experience managing software development teams
· Experience leading development of capabilities for game engine environments, such as Lumberyard, Unity, Unreal, CryEngine, Havok and/or other world environments
· Experience developing careers with highly-skilled software engineers
· Ability to work on a diverse team or with a diverse range of coworkers.
· 6+ years relevant work experience
· Experience with physical system and simulation
· Experience working with multi-disciplined teams
· Practical experience with software engineering best practices
· Experience leading teams to tackle difficult, complex software and mathematical problems that do not have easy off-the-shelf solutions
· Experience with Agile software development methodologies
· Experience in a lead role in bringing a product to market
· Skilled in isolating, documenting, and issues systematically
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success and we make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.