Come and join the team that is building a v1 AWS service that drives customer insights across different database challenges and will be trend setting in AWS. Our vision here is to offer key insights across different database domains. We will be pioneers in this area set a path for other AWS services to follow.
You will be responsible for delivering Machine Learning (ML) based services and drive improvements to how database services operate seamlessly in the cloud. This is an area that requires solving the hardest engineering challenges in distributed systems at massive scale. As a tier zero AWS service our solutions have to be super solid, scalable, efficient, and extremely fault tolerant. You will own the all-up engineering including development, testing and deployment of these services. You will work in a fast-paced environment and do everything from determining priorities and designing features, to re-architecture as necessary, to automated testing, to mentoring others. The best candidates show true end-to-end ownership.
This position within Databases team presents a unique and rare opportunity to get in on the ground floor within a fast growing business and help shape the technology, product, and the business.
· Bachelor’s, Master’s or Ph.D degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
· 7+ years professional experience in software development of multi-threaded, scalable and highly-available distributed systems
· Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, high-performance computing
· Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, complexity analysis, problem solving and diagnosis
· Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as Java, Python, C/C++, C#, Perl.
· Experience taking projects from scoping requirements through V1 launch and V2 iterations
· Knowledge of professional software engineering practices and best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations