We are a passionate team working to build a best-in-class healthcare product designed to make high-quality healthcare easy to access for our employee pilot program.
As a Research Scientist in Amazon Care, you will be responsible for setting our overall research direction, coordinating our research group, and working closely with stakeholders to understand their pain points.
In this position, we are looking for a candidate whose experience blends hands-on clinical experience with a data science and machine learning background.
· MD or similar clinical experience.
· PhD in computer science or related discipline.
· 5+ years of post-doc experience translating established ML techniques into practical applications in the healthcare industry.
· Working knowledge of statistical data analysis techniques.
· Working knowledge of machine learning.
· Working knowledge of Natural Language Understanding techniques.
· PhD degree in machine learning, computer science or related discipline
· 5+ years of industry or postdoctoral experience with machine learning
· 5+ years of experience in natural language understanding/processing or speech recognition
· 5+ years of tech lead experience
· Experience in building large-scale machine learning systems
· Strong object-oriented design and coding skills (C/C++ and/or Python on Linux platform)
· Proficiency in cuda
· Proficiency in MxNet, pyTorch or TensorFlow
· Excellent communication, design and analytical skills
· Practical experience with applied NLU techniques.
· Publications at top-tier peer-reviewed conferences or journals
· Development experience in programming languages C/C++, Python and/or Java
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age