Enabling Amazon’s explosive growth requires passion – and we’re passionate about building and maintaining massive scale financial systems for all of Amazon. We provide data to deliver actionable insights driving Amazon's business decisions. We work in a fast paced environment with a group of highly talented individuals and that excites us to no end; We are Amazon Finance Technology!
The Amazon Finance Technology team operates complex, highly scalable systems servicing the company's growing financial reporting needs. Finance Technology Engineers & Administrators are held to a high standard as they support critical business functions for customers across the world meeting tough uptime SLAs while ensuring robust system performance. We are obsessed with delivering superior service to our customers and ensuring the best and timely Financial Close performance. As a part of our team, you will work together with a team of expert engineers, with plenty of opportunities to cross-train and grow.
Feel excited!! You will build world-class Financial Reporting systems for the coolest company in the world!
Core tasks and responsibilities:
· Solve complex challenges with best of breed tools: Administer the Hyperion Financial Management (HFM) and Financial Data Quality Management (FDMEE) environment.
· Improve the Accounting team's experience: Create and maintain HFM Consolidation Rules, metadata and application performance.
· Integrate and Streamline: Setup & maintain FDM mappings. Take responsibility and ownership for data/problem/issue resolution, process improvement and fixing the root cause of problems.
· Create Workflow's, Simplify & Secure: Enable Month-End Closing process via HFM & FDM, support financial submissions for all locations, and final validations. Architect & maintain end user & artifact security.
· Go Beyond basic administration: Lead requirement gathering, design and build activities for application enhancement, migration and optimization.
· Write to Impress: Creating Requirement, Design documentation and SOP's.
· Exceed Expectations: Capture metrics and ensure the application environment performs consistently within defined SLA's. Provide support and training as necessary to end-users
· Manage application maintenance cycles - reviewing, testing, and implementing change requests.
· Perform data management and preserve historical data integrity.
· Background in financial applications support
· 3+ years of hands-on HFM Development and Administration experience.
· Demonstrated knowledge of HFM Rule development
· Demonstrated knowledge of data analysis using SQL
· Experience with complex multi-server, multi-application environments
· In-depth knowledge of the causes and remedies of data& metadata issues in the Hyperion environment.
· Demonstrated excellence in consultation, presentation, verbal, and written communications skills.
· Ability to work effectively with business customers & users.
· BS in Computer Science, MIS, Engineering, Mathematics, or Accounting field.
· Additional Experience with any of the following Hyperion products: DRM, EPMA, ARM, FCM, Essbase.
· Experience with VB Script or any other scripting language
· A strong desire to work in a fast paced dynamic environment
· ·Must be able to work independently with limited supervision
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.