The Amazon Books and Amazon 4-star stores creative team is responsible for designing compelling in-store seasonal campaign signage, wayfinding, instructional and marketing signage, and other collateral, as well as digital marketing and traffic-driving initiatives. The Graphic Designer will augment the existing team of design and copywriting, and will report to a Creative Director.
You are a highly creative, organized, self-motivated, and enthusiastic person who can thrive in a deadline-driven atmosphere. You have exceptional design skills related to a broad range of print and digital deliverables. You translate creative briefs into customer-centric design concepts that are on brand and on strategy. You proactively identify creative initiatives to improve the in-store and online customer experience. You are able to prioritize work and manage your time effectively. You feel at ease communicating with cross-functional peers and leadership. You respond positively to feedback, shifting priorities and ambiguity. You want to be part of a close-knit, highly engaged team who values collaboration and shares a quest for creative excellence.
· Initiate efforts to improve the experience of customers, store associates and the physical retail business through design
· Partner with In-store and Digital Marketing teams to conceive innovative seasonal campaigns, brand campaigns, and promotions
· Partner with Creative Director, design and copywriting peers to consistently raise the bar for creative development and execution
· Understand the Amazon brand and how Books and 4-star brands relate to the Amazon brand
· Continuously evolve brand guidelines to enable scalability and consistency
· Partner with signage Program Managers to understand print capabilities and production needs
· Ensure all projects are completed within identified timelines and budgets
· Enhance team knowledge of best practices in design
· Perform shared tasks and activities required to ensure Creative Team function, including updating SOPs and guidelines, procuring design tools and resources, technical troubleshooting, and fixing paper jams
This role is performed on site, not remote (except for special circumstances).
· 7+ years of experience in a Graphic Design or Visual Design role, either in-house or agency
· Mastery of the Adobe Creative Suite—specifically InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop—on Mac OS
· An online portfolio or work samples as PDF
· Ability to problem solve, support and collaborate with other team members effectively
· Ability to successfully manage own time and prioritize own work
· Experience in designing for the physical retail environment
· Experience with both print and digital design
· Proficiency with Adobe After Effects or other motion graphics software