Amazon.com strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. By giving customers more of what they want - low prices, vast selection, and convenience - Amazon.com continues to grow and evolve as a world-class e-commerce platform. Amazon's evolution from Web site to e-commerce partner to development platform is driven by the spirit of innovation that is part of the company's DNA. The world's brightest technology minds come to Amazon.com to research and develop technology that improves the lives of shoppers and sellers around the world.
Amazon WW Operations formed a centralized team, Transportation Rick Compliance (TRC), to partner with Amazon’s Transportation & Logistics business operations to identify and mitigate risk in a rapidly growing and complex, global environment. To support the business, we are continually striving to innovate and provide best in class service levels through the introduction of pioneering new products and services. The Quality Assurance (QA) & Training team is seeking a high-performing Sr. Instructional Designer to develop and manage the WW TRC Training plan for internal and external stakeholders. In this role you will continuously look for opportunities to improve Audit quality scores, conduct training sessions, support expansion of TRC QA processes in additional geos by developing training modules, and educate our external stakeholders on TRC requirements. You will collaborate with field audit team, business, legal, public relations, and technology teams to support the launch of new products and audit requirement.
Please include your online portfolio and work samples in your application.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
· Own the analysis, design, development, implementation, and evaluation of the TRC learning portfolio
· Conduct job task analysis and determine the best modality to transfer knowledge and build proficiency
· Identify gaps and recommend scalable solutions to improve learner retention, optimize job performance, and promote compliance with Amazon policies and regulatory laws
· Develop e-learning modules, reference materials, and other creative assets
· Track and report on curriculum in the enterprise Learning Management System
· Develop and execute a learning evaluation strategy that measures business impact of knowledge and skill transfer
· Continuously measure solution effectiveness and scalability of delivery modalities
· Own the development of standardized learning processes, procedures, and templates
· Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent post-secondary degree required in Instructional Design, Education, Business Administration, Operations Management, or a related field
· 5+ years’ work experience in instructional design, training program management, and training project management
· Experience in assessing performance gaps, analyzing learning needs, designing and developing learning and performance support solutions, and evaluating program effectiveness.
· Ability to develop multiple projects with minimal oversight, in a fast-paced ambiguous environment
· High attention to detail and proven ability to independently and simultaneously manage complex, multiple, competing priorities.
· Demonstrated ability to work well in a team environment under tight deadlines.
· Excellent business judgment and a practical, common sense approach to getting things done.
· Demonstrated excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
· Proficient in English (verbal and written)
· Excellent interpersonal and stakeholder management skills
· Experience working with Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Cloud, and eLearning development software such as Articulate 360, Adobe Captivate, and Camtasia
· Willingness to travel up to 25%
· Bachelors or Master’s Degree in Instructional Design, Education Technology, or similar field
· Instructional Design certification
· eLearning development training and/or certification
· Project Management training and/or certification
· Knowledge of learning sciences research
· Experience/certification in Lean/Six Sigma methodologies
· Ability to thrive in a high-energy environment where tactical and strategic activities are expected to be driven in parallel
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.