The AWS Networking is looking for best-in-class Network Development Engineers(NDE) to join our team to help deploy, scale and automate one of the world’s largest and complex networks. With Amazon Web Services, our goal is to become “The Infrastructure Platform” to the world. Our customers demand the highest quality and reliability for their services. We are expanding at a tremendous rate it is our responsibility to maintain quality and reliability while developing innovative ways to automate the scaling of our network.
As a Network Development Engineer working within AWS Infrastructure you will:
· Be responsible for automation of deploying network infrastructure across all of our network fabrics that supports the Amazon Retail Service, Kindle, Payments and multiple AWS services
· Deploy, scale and automate our network across multiple global data center and Transit center. This includes existing footprints and greenfield locations.
· Drive scaling of current network designs to meet the demand of our customers.
· Create simple, repetitive deployment processes that increase both velocity and quality.
· Work closely with our internal customers on designs/solutions; bringing those designs/solutions from concept to production.
· Create and update our network standards and ensure that the network is deployed to these standards.
· Create and implement changes on the network.
· Automate workflow and execution of deployments on a global scale
· Work closely with our automation teams in transitioning and defining new tools that allow us to scale at unprecedented volume.
Our ideal candidate has a proven record of building automated solutions, is highly autonomous, possesses strong written and verbal communication skills, strong project management and time management skills, and also has a successful track record of designing simple, scalable solutions, troubleshooting complex network problems and delivering innovative solutions. The desire and ability to work in a fast paced, collaborative environment is essential.
We’re interested in engineers with experience having designed, operated, and implemented networks of very large scale, and those well versed in the operation of the Internet routing hierarchy. Candidates should understand the theory behind and have deep operational knowledge of routing protocols with particular emphasis on their impact to hardware platforms. We’re looking for those who have pushed platforms to their limits, understand how to work within the limitations imposed by third-party software and how to avoid them through your designs.
· A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience is mandatory.
· Excellent IP networking fundamentals and extensive experience in the application of IP protocols as well as network analysis fundamentals and robust troubleshooting skills.
(Troubleshooting traffic engineering using BGP and large scale network design and maintenance is critical.)
· In-depth knowledge of and experience with major internet routing protocols; specifically BGP (confederations and complex route reflector topologies), OSPF, MPLS, RSVP and ISIS
· Understanding and experience with Internet peering ecosystems and Internet scale traffic engineering is a must
· In-depth knowledge of and experience with major router platforms; specifically with Juniper MX, EX, and T-series platforms including all compatible processors and line cards for these platforms.
· An understanding of both network hardware and packet forwarding architecture.
· Experience managing large projects to completion is a must, either as project manager or lead. NDEs are expected to self-manage several projects at a time, providing regular status updates and identifying and pushing through obstacles.
Candidates should have a minimum of 7 years industry experience in a similar environment e.g ISP, peering and exchange, and large (IP) carrier networks.
· Background in high availability, global backbone design and architecture is highly preferred.
· Strong Unix/Linux skills and the ability to script in Python, Perl, shell, C or C++ is desirable, SDN is a reality in AWS Networking. Daily activities will involve applying networking knowledge to SDN and Network Automation tools.
· Understanding of Hardware Load Balancers in a large data center environment
Expert-level certifications (e.g. CCIE, JNCIE) a huge plus.