How often have you had an opportunity to be an early member of a team that is tasked with solving a huge customer need through disruptive, innovative technology, reinventing an industry?
The Team: We are an internal facing team that is at the core of Amazon's Just Walk Out Technology that powers Amazon Go. Go introduces a new retail shopping paradigm with no lines and no checkout. You simply use the Amazon Go app to enter the store, take what you want from our selection of fresh, delicious meals and grocery essentials, and go. Our checkout-free shopping experience is made possible by the same types of technologies used in self-driving cars: computer vision, sensor fusion, and deep learning.
The Role: As a Sr. Data Scientist, you will use a combination of outstanding data and analytical skills, leadership, thought clarity, cross-functional partnership, and strategic analysis to successful support the scaling of a tech operations team. You thrive on working with cutting-edge technology and have a strong understanding of business intelligence tools, operations optimization, and experience with ML/AI. Lastly, you deliver results in an ambiguous, fast-paced, dynamic business environment and are highly comfortable exercising fantastic judgment across a spectrum of highly diverse problems.
· Master’s or PhD in a quantitative field (e.g., data science, operations research, computer science, machine learning, mathematics, statistics) or equivalent experience
· 5+ years of industry experience with machine learning, statistical modeling, data mining, and analytics techniques.
· Advanced working knowledge of data mining using SQL, ETL, data warehouse as well as advanced Excel skills including VBA.
· Experience with one or more of the statistical modeling languages/ toolboxes (Python, R, SAS). Experience in scripting languages for parsing and data analysis.
· Desire to create and build new predictive/optimization tools that benefit the business and improve user experience.
· Experience in operations optimization and analysis, and root cause analysis
· Experience with modeling sequential data, statistical forecasting, and time-series models.
· Proven ability to solve complex quantitative business challenges.
· Verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to convey rigorous mathematical concepts and considerations to non-experts.
· PhD in a quantitative field (Computer Science, Mathematics, Machine Learning, AI, Statistics, or equivalent)
· 10+ years of experience working in data science in a consumer product company
· Knowledge of business intelligence reporting tools (OBIEE, Business Objects, Cognos, Tableau, or MicroStrategy).
· Sound business judgment, proven ability to influence others, strong attention to detail, excellent organization skills, and ability to manage multiple projects and responsibilities are critical to success in this position.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation