The Amazon Devices team designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics, including the best-selling Kindle family of products. We have also produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Dash, and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
We are seeking a Senior Signal Integrity Engineer with strong skills and experience in system level time and frequency domain analysis for signal and power integrity. In this role you will be responsible for complete ownership of providing SI solutions to deliver products in a fast paced environment.
The successful candidate will strive in a fast paced start-up like environment and work independently to deliver multiple projects in parallel.
Candidates need to be highly motivated and detailed oriented while showing highest standards of responsibilities while meeting time to market, cost and quality goals
· 7+ years of experience with a BS or MS in related field
· 7 + years of hands on experience in simulations and lab validation for SI.
· Experience using at least one time domain and one frequency domain tool such as Hspice, SiSoft, Sigrity, HFSS and Microwave Studio
· Experience using VNA, high speed scopes and probing techniques.
· Experience with Bertscope is a plus
· Strong analytical capabilities to interpret simulation and lab data to identify issues and provide solutions to fix those problems
· Good at making design tradeoffs to provide optimal solution to meet cost and time to market requirements
· As part of signal integrity analysis you will also be expected to design for EMC to deliver products free of EM radiation issues.
· Experience in simulations for EM radiation
· Fluent with Cadence Allegro and CMS for design reviews and constraint definition
· Strong communication and documentation skills including skills to manage without authority
· Partner with Software team to define and implement diagnostics for hardware validation at component, signal and interface level
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.