At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. Amazon is seeking a Sr Simulation and Innovation Engineer specialization in discrete event simulation and optimization of material process flow of complete Warehouse operations for our World Wide Design & Innovation Engineering Team. Amazon is one of the most recognizable brand names in the world and we distribute millions of products each year to our loyal customers.
· Lead system level complex Discrete Event Simulation (DES) projects to build , simulate, and optimize the fulfillment center operational process flow models using FlexSim, Demo 3D or any other Discrete Event Simulation (DES) software packages
· Understand process flows , analyze data, perform Design of Experiments and effectively represent in simulation model to achieve better correlation and process improvements
· Perform DES process flow simulations to design, build, and improve order fulfillment infrastructure throughout the large-scale network.
· Manage multiple DES simulation projects and tasks simultaneously and effectively influence, negotiate, and communicate with internal and external business partners, contractors and vendors.Facilitate process improvement initiatives among site operations, engineering, and corporate systems groups.
· Provide technical leadership for large-scale industrial engineering projects MS Excel, AutoCAD, and MS Projects.
· Work with complex MHE and process design and influence multiple teams working closely with business teams to build consensus among discordant views
· Lead and coordinate simulation and design efforts between internal teams and outside vendors to develop optimal solutions for the network, including equipment specification, material flow, process design, and site layout.
· Deliver results according to project schedules and quality
· Provide leadership and coordination between internal departments and vendors for multiple sites.
· Develop design solutions to the best-in-class process flow to improve the throughput of the fulfillment facilities
· Make technical trade-offs for long term/short-term needs considering challenges in business area by applying relevant data science disciplines, and interactions among systems.
· Master’s degree in Engineering (any field) with 5+ years experience or Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (any field) with 8+ years of Discrete Event Simulation (DES), process design optimization, Design of Experiments, engineering process design, and data analysis experience .
· Experience in building process flow simulation models using FlexSim, Demo3D, or any other simulation software's.
· Experience must involve MHE, Warehouse Process flow Design and DES Simulation
· Experience with complex MHE and packaging lines or process design based on Lean Manufacturing or Toyota Manufacturing System
· Experience using MS Excel, and MS Project, and CAD software (AutoCAD)
· Ability to travel up to 30% of time to installation sites throughout the United States
· Open to relocate to Nashville office according to business needs in future
· PhD or Master's degree in Engineering (any field) or a related and at least 5+ years of discrete simulation, design optimization, engineering process design, and data analysis experience using FlexSim, Demo3D, or any other simulation software's
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.