Each day, drivers around the world deliver packages on behalf of Amazon using the Amazon Flex app. Our mobile application works in concert with our backend advanced logistics and predictive analytics systems to on-board new delivery partners, schedule delivery times in advance or on demand, and complete deliveries with in-app messaging, navigation, and much more.
Our team is looking for a cross-functional software development engineer with experience in mobile technologies, backend services, and dev ops automation – a jack-of-many-trades. You will be somebody who enjoys diving deep into complex technical and process oriented challenges to determine the most efficient and automated path forward irrespective of where in the software stack or the broader organization the challenge lives. You enjoy short software development life-cycles and projects with a clear completion objective followed by moving onto the next project which may require new skills, technologies, and problem solving approaches.
You will work with a team of engineers to build backend services that transport data and workflows to the Amazon Flex app. You will design and build solutions that enable infrastructure as code patterns, validate mobile workflows from the backend, and protect the quality and integrity of the mobile app. You will contribute to mobile development that supports the team’s objectives. You will integrate quality gates into the build and releases processes for the app. Through these contributions our team will build a platform upon which feature teams expand the capabilities of the app with protection from inadvertently introducing quality problems.
This job is located in Austin, TX.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience
· 3+ years of professional experience in software development with Java, Python, or a similar object-oriented language, and exposure or some experience with either Android or iOS development
· Experience with agile software development methodologies like Kanban or SCRUM
· Ability to interpret requirements provided via user stories or technical specs
· Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
· Knowledge of / exposure to problems and solutions for complex branching, merging, build, release, and deployment processes
· Ability to produce design documents weighing pros and cons of alternate approaches with call flow and architecture diagrams, data schema definitions, and algorithms
· Experience with full stack development in mobile and AWS space: owning APIs, data stores, and critical services
· Experience with cloud development technologies: AWS, Azure, etc.
· Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, evaluate alternatives and develop processes and tools as needed to support the organization
· Familiarity with integration static and dynamic code-coverage tools like Coverity, Clover and FindBugs a plus
· Familiarity with at least one build systems such as make, Ant, Maven, or Gradle a plus