Our overall mission is simple: We want Amazon to be the place where our customers can find, discover and buy anything online. Whatever our customers want, we will find the means to deliver it. With your help, Amazon associates will deliver world class service to our customers.
Amazon is looking for a Customer Service Team Manager for our Virtual Customer Service in Morocco supporting the French network,who will lead and support a team of 15-22 Customer Service Associates who are working remotely (Home Office required).
The number one priority for this role is to support the associates who will directly report to you. In this role you will be responsible for the coaching, development, performance and engagement of your associates. The role expects your employees to be your exclusive focus and you will be tasked with supporting your employees and removing any barriers that prevent them from demonstrating the Amazon Customer Service Contact Tenets (ground rules) on every single customer contact.
The ideal Team Manager understands that supporting the employees is the most critical role they perform, to achieve this they are open and approachable, engage with their employees individually to understand how to most effectively coach and motivate them and invests time in developing their employees to become legends! They build a work environment where associates are engaged and feel a positive sense of achievement about their role in delivering world class service.
You will be responsible for using quantitative and qualitative data to identify opportunities to coach your employees and celebrate their success. As a single threaded leader for your employees you will take care of all elements of your associates satisfaction and engagement at work, including communication and management of their scheduling and taking action on issues arising in your team. As a leader of customer facing associates, you will be expected to role model world class service by regularly handling customer contacts. As a leader you will be an expert in articulating the Amazon mission and deeply understand the expectations of the Amazon CS Contact Tenets; you will ensure your employees understand the important role they play in living the Contact Tenets and how their role supports the Amazon flywheel.
· Two years experience in leading employees
· University degree
· Fluent in French in written and oral communication
· Good skills in English written and oral communication
· Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
· ADSL/Fiber Internet connection with 12Mbit/s or faster
· Separate, lockable working room
· Ability to travel regionally to attend Site events and meetings. 50% Business travels are expected
· Strong listening skills
· Maintains a high level of professionalism and approach-ability
· Positive communicator who also can lead tough conversations
· Ability to confidently facilitate team discussions and communicate business messages
· Experience in coaching and leading employees
· Understanding of and practical experience in effective coaching techniques
· Ability to continually support employees through individual development plans
· Confidence to interview applicants and demonstrate understanding of the performance and leadership bar to effectively apply it on hiring decisions
· Role model for contact handling skills
· Ability to review contacts to identify WOW moments, examples for excellent Customer Service and opportunities to support associates with coaching
· Excellent time management, organizational talent and presentation skills
· Ability to deal with constant change positively and maintain high motivation
· Drives team engagement and actions through internal survey results and insights
· Helps associates understand the performance bar and supports them to reach it
· Completes tasks on time to a high quality standard
· Knowledge of Process Improvement approaches (Lean, Six Sigma, …)
· Basic technical knowledge to handle Internet or computer issues remotely
· Experience in leading teams in a virtual environment
· Fluent in English in written and oral communication