Amazon’s Camera group is looking for a talented, smart, experienced and entrepreneurial Senior Vendor Manager to lead a retail product category in Camera. As a Senior Vendor Manager, you will have accountability for the business results for your product subcategories. Your direct responsibility will be to manage performance of the product portfolio including developing and growing vendor relationships, negotiating contracts, expanding product selection and vendor base, setting prices, developing marketing programs, driving sales and margin improvements and creating best-in-class customer experiences.
The successful candidate will be able to take his/her broad skill set and experience across multiple facets of a retail business (e.g., buying/vendor management, product management, operations, finance, marketing/merchandising) to identify and create growth opportunities. He/she will be able to deliver results at both a strategic and tactical level across all aspects of the business to innovate to achieve long-term growth. He/she will also have an important responsibility to grow and develop a team of vendor managers and brand specialists. Successful candidates will have the opportunity to move on to other leadership roles within Amazon.
Camera is high impact, and exciting category with a high-powered team that seeks to build strong customer-focused businesses.
· Bachelor’s degree
· A background (4+ years) in buying, account management, product management, project management, financial analysis and/or marketing
· Proven negotiating skills, influencing abilities and relationship management experience
· Strong organizational skills including prioritizing, scheduling, time management, and meeting deadlines
· Solid communications skills – verbal and written
· Strong analytic skills and expertise in Excel
· Ability to think both strategically and tactically with strong attention to detail
· Proven analytical skills and highly numerate
· Technical aptitude and agility to learn web-based tools
· e-Commerce experience preferred
· MBA preferred
· Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results