Would you like to be part of a team focused on accelerating adoption of Microsoft Windows Server, SQL Server, Exchange, SharePoint, or custom .Net Applications running on Amazon Web Services secure, global infrastructure across the public sector in the UK? Do you have the business savvy, technical background, and sales skills necessary to help position Amazon as the cloud provider of choice for Windows Server solutions?
AWS is one of Amazon’s fastest growing businesses, servicing millions of customers in more than 190 countries, reshaping the way global enterprises consume information technology and powering the developers who are building the next generation of global industry leaders.
As a member of the Specialty Sales team you will have the opportunity to help drive the growth and shape the future of a service category that will have a significant impact on our customers global computing model. The Specialty Sales Executive, Microsoft Platform role has a UK responsibility and is part of AWS World Wide Public Sector Organisation established to position AWS as the best place to host Windows based production workloads.
As part of a single-threaded sales team focusing on the Microsoft platform running on AWS, you will be responsible for working with public sector customers and their existing account teams to qualify and pursue sales opportunities for enterprise application workloads and datacenter migration projects. You will engage with our account managers, solutions architects, partner and professional services organisations to drive large and highly complex opportunities to closure.
These opportunities will include migrating Windows Server infrastructure, SQL Server, Exchange, SharePoint or line of business applications to the AWS cloud. Your commitments will include quota accountability, driving platform adoption within accounts, as well as creating public references. This is a hands-on, detail-oriented, “roll-up your sleeves” environment and requires a passion for innovation, ability to deal with ambiguity as well as an ability to scale and influence broadly.
· Drive revenue and market share for AWS.
· Maintain a robust sales pipeline.
· Work with internal and external partners to extend reach & drive adoption of AWS solutions.
· Support contract negotiations along with the core sales organisation.
· Ensure customer satisfaction.
Travel expectations: 30-50% with in the UK.
· Enterprise sales or business development experience with quota accountability and a track record of meeting or exceeding sales targets year over year.
· Experience of working directly with Public Sector organisations in the UK
· Experience selling complex database, data center and cloud technologies.
· Experience selling Windows Server, SQL Server or Azure
· Translate customer business and technology priorities into technology solutions.
· Proven track record of consistent territory growth and quota obtainment.
This role is open to any location in the UK with good travel links.
To service the UK - 30-50% travel is expected
· Experience selling technical solutions in the State, Local Government and/or Education arena.
· Demonstrated fluency with Microsoft Licensing, including Volume Licensing (such as EA)
· Experience with data centre migrations
· Solid organisational, presentation, and writing skills.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity.
· BA/BS/MBA degree.