How often have you had an opportunity to be part of a team solving significant customer problems through innovative technology? Our emerging technologies team, within Amazon’s Device organization (Amazon Echo, Fire TV, Fire Tablets, and more), is looking for passionate, hard-working, and talented individuals to join our fast paced, start-up environment to help invent the future. We solve significant customer problems in the consumer electronics space through devices, mobile applications, cloud services (AWS), computer vision, and machine learning.
As a Senior Product Manager, you will be the voice of the customer. You will define products that deliver innovation in features, usability and product performance. This role is inherently cross-functional - you will work closely with engineering, design, operations, finance, and executive teams to bring features and products to market, and grow business opportunities.
A successful candidate is highly analytical, able to work extremely effectively in a matrix organization, and adept at synthesizing a variety of technologies and capabilities into products and applications that customers love. We are looking for someone customer obsessed and technology savvy - with a passion for consumer devices and software.
· Lead the development of the product strategy and vision supported by internal and external analysis.
· Develop detailed business requirements and user stories that can be used to create product specifications and architecture for each product and application.
· Work closely with engineering teams and program management to deliver products. Manage prioritization and trade-offs among customer experience, performance and operational support load.
· Create buy-in for the product vision both internally and with key external partners.
· Proactively identify and resolve strategic issues that may impair the team’s ability to meet strategic, financial, and technical goals.
· Bachelor's Degree
· 5+ years of experience in product or program management, product marketing, business development or technology
· Experience with end to end product delivery
· Experience overseeing roadmap strategy and definition
· Experience with feature delivery and tradeoffs of a product
· Experience contributing to engineering discussions around technology decisions and strategy related to a product
· Bachelor’s degree or higher with a technical discipline.
· 7+ years of professional experience with 3+ years of consumer facing hardware product management experience in mass market consumer electronics.
· Experience shipping consumer electronics products that involve hardware and software.
· Experience leading cross-functional teams to deliver products and projects on tight deadlines.
· Experience coordinating product development cycles and software development schedules.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated experience engaging and influencing senior executives.
· Strong analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations and drive actions.
· High attention to detail including precise and effective customer communications and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously.
· MBA or Master’s degree.
· Experience managing products including both hardware and software components through multiple product lifecycles.
· Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, manage tradeoffs and evaluate opportunistic new ideas with internal and external partners.
· Ability to think strategically and execute methodically.
· Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment where continuous innovation is desired.
· History of teamwork and willingness to roll up one’s sleeves to get the job done.