You have hundreds of thousands of hosts, hundreds of millions of lines of code, billions of online transactions, and one of the most visited sites on the Internet. Now go secure it. At Amazon, we obsess over our customers, and ensuring our customers’ trust is our first priority. To earn that trust in an environment as vast and varied as Amazon’s and an online world where threats grow ever more sophisticated requires building a world-class information security team to tackle never-before-seen challenges at dizzying scales. You will not just be using cutting-edge security technologies here in Amazon; you will be inventing them.
Amazon Information Security is looking for a Senior Technical Program Manager to drive the next generation of our tools program. As a member of the PMO, you will work closely with leadership, engineering teams and Amazon service owners to define and develop roadmaps focused on delivering new technical capabilities in support of security initiatives across the company.
The ideal candidate has a strong program management background and experience leading large-scale technical projects.
- Drive Amazon-wide adoption of security products and services
- Plan and manage the entire lifecycle of multiple parallel projects and/or programs
- Understand customer needs, define clear project plans and execute to high expectations in a rapidly changing environment
- Be the glue that is able to prioritize and manage dependencies across teams
- Dive deep to gather requirements from appropriate stakeholders and write clear, detailed level requirements
- Lead the product execution process through management and facilitation of scrum ceremonies for the development team
- Interact and communicate with project stakeholders throughout the lifecycle of the project
- Resolve roadblocks through driving trade-off decisions to move work forward
- Define, measure and utilize project/program KPIs
- Identify and drive continuous process improvements in the PMO
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- 6+ years of program management experience
- Experience with managing complex, company-wide technology initiatives
- Experience with agile/scrum software development methodologies
- Experience with leading change management initiatives
- Prior experience in Information Security
- PMP Certification
- Certified Scrum Product Owner or Certified Scrum Master
- A track record of shaping business strategy for technical tools or services
- Experience driving operational process improvements
Strong communicator, with a proven ability to build solid relationships
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data to back up assumptions and evaluate outcomes
- Expertise in problem solving and technical innovation capable of "rolling-up sleeves and getting hands dirty"
- Experience with mentoring junior Technical Program Managers