Amazon's Sponsored Ads is one of the fastest growing business domains and we are looking senior level scientists with experience building complex machine learning models and writing elegant prototype code. We are still in Day 1 and there is an abundance of opportunities that are yet to be explored. We are a team of highly motivated and collaborative applied scientists and software development engineers with an entrepreneurial spirit and bias for action. With the team growing at an unprecedented rate, there is broad mandate to experiment and innovate!
Our systems and algorithms operate on one of the world's largest product catalogs, matching shoppers with products - with a high relevance bar and strict latency constraints. The ads sourcing works across the spectrum of ad serving including coverage expansion, increasing utilization of tail detail pages, ad relevance, ad quality, collaborative filtering, and much more. Our technology enables thousands of brands, sellers and authors to drive discovery and sales of their products at Amazon by millions of customers.
We are looking for an Applied Scientists, with a background in Machine Learning to optimize serving ads on billions of product pages. The solutions you create/deploy would ensure relevant ads are served to Amazon's customers. You will directly impact the shopping experience while helping our advertisers get the maximum ROI. You will be expected to demonstrate strong ownership and should be curious to learn and leverage the rich textual, image, and other contextual signals.
This role will challenge you to utilize cutting-edge machine learning techniques in the domain of predictive modeling, natural language processing (NLP), deep learning, and image recognition to deliver significant impact for the business. Ideal candidates will be able to work cross functionally across multiple stakeholders, synthesize the science needs of our business partners, develop models to solve business needs, and implement solutions in production.
· PhD or equivalent Master's Degree plus 4+ years of experience in CS, CE, ML or related field
· 2+ years of experience of building machine learning models for business application
· Experience programming in Java, C++, Python or related language
· Phd in Computer Science, Statistics or related field.
· 2+ years hands on experience in applied machine learning, predictive modeling and large data analysis
· 4+ years of building ML models and bringing ML models to production systems.
· 4+ years of experience one of the common programming languages, e.g., Python or Java.
· Proven track record of innovating through machine learning and statistical algorithms and their applications.
· Extensive experience applying theoretical models in an applied environment.
· Strong demonstrated skills implementing and deploying large scale machine learning applications and tools.
· Significant peer reviewed scientific contributions in relevant field.
· Strong skills and experience with programming in SQL, Hive, Pig, R, Python, and familiarity/experience with AWS.
· Strong personal interest in learning, researching, and creating new technologies with high commercial impact.
· At least 3 years of relevant industry experience.
· Previous experience in digital advertising in a strong plus.
· Proven track record of leading and mentoring scientists.
· Highly motivated self-starter with bias for innovative thinking.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.