Amazon's Global Delivery Services (GDS) Operations Excellence team is looking for an experienced and motivated Business Intelligence Engineer (BIE). Specifically this role will be working in support of the GDS Teams' responsible for the oversight of all North American fulfillment, transportation, and delivery services.
The position will partner and drive operational excellence and process optimization in support of the Systems Engineering, Operations, Engineering, Transportation Planning, and related Technology Teams. The role will design and develop network planning, monitoring, and deployment related tools and models that will enhance business team visibility, reduce risk and staffing costs, and streamline, standardize, and expedite network change procedures.This BIE will also develop mechanisms and support structures needed to analyze data, dive deep into data to determine root cause of operational issues or challenges, drive process improvements, build KPIs (Key Performance Indicators) and metrics, unearth opportunities and present findings and recommendations to business partners and management.
This role will require data analysis, understanding of the systems workflow, cross-functional communication and issues management.The role is responsible for effectively communicating with senior management as well as with colleagues from operations and business backgrounds.
· · BS in Computer Science, Operations Research, Industrial Engineering, Mathematics/Applied Mathematics, Economics/Applied Economics or in another quantitative and engineering field OR 2+ years of Amazon experience
· · 3+ years of experience in using quantitative analysis, including but not limited to forecasting, regression modeling and statistical process control.
· · 3+ years of experience with BI analytics/ reporting/visualization tools
· · 3+ years of experience with at least one scripting or general purpose programming language such as Python, Ruby, R, Java, etc.
· · 2+ years of experience conducting analysis using Excel
· · Experience with big data: extraction, processing, filtering, and presenting large quantities (100K to Millions of rows) of data.
· · Experience with data process: AWS technologies, SQL, and data pipelines
· · Graduate degree in Engineering, Logistics, or another quantitative field preferred.
· · Experience with Tableau
· · Familiarity with AWS solutions (EC2, S3, Redshift, RDS)
· · Experience with Linux basic commands
· · Advanced knowledge of relational databases
· · Machine learning experience a plus.
· · Ability to automate scalable analytical and reporting solutions utilizing extremely large data sets across multiple sources.
· · Familiarity with supply chain management concepts - forecasting, planning, optimization, and logistics - gained through work experience or graduate level education.
· · Excellent communicator at all levels internal and external, both spoken and written.
· · Passionate about the customer experience, and takes a data-driven approach to identifying and prioritizing the most impactful efforts.
· · Ability to remain flexible in a rapidly changing space and are adept at learning new tools and systems.
· · Ability thrive in an environment that is deadline driven, fast paced and requires you to be detail-oriented and comfortable interacting or working with cross-functional business and technical teams.
· · Ability to be decisive in an often ambiguous environment.
Amazon offers competitive packages including comprehensive health care, 401(k), restricted stock units, growth potential and a challenging and exciting work environment.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.