Have you ever looked at the comments section of a website and wondered how many of the commenters are bots? Have you ever thought about buying a 5-star rated item but hesitated because the reviews didn’t look quite right? Do you get angry when people game the system to get an unfair advantage? If you’re interested in solving these sorts of problems, the Community Trust team could be a great fit.
We own upholding trust in Amazon's Community features. These include Reviews, Questions & Answers, and other experiences where shoppers contribute content. We're solving abuse detection at scale, building rules and ML models to ensure contributions meet guidelines, and ensuring that other teams in the company with similar needs benefit from our expertise.
Our team includes engineers, PMs, research scientists and business intelligence engineers. We're looking for a data scientist to join us to help design models to detect abuse.
We're a diverse team passionate about operational excellence and high quality code. We value transparency, empowerment, experimentation, and appreciation. We are free from the heavy operational burden that is associated with other teams, and are able to iterate in a low stress environment. Our solutions influence the products and plans of multiple internal teams, and we design and build systems that improve the experience of millions of customers.
· Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer or Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics, Economics or a related field
· 4+ years of experience producing models and analytics for business applications
· Breadth of experience in standard machine-learning and statistical modeling tools and techniques (e.g. random forests, gradient-boosted regression, LASSO, logistic regression)
· Proficiency in at least one statistical software package such as R, Stata, Matlab, or Python.
· Experience with data visualization and presentation, turning complex analysis into insight
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively advocate technical solutions to research scientists, engineering teams and business audiences.
· 6+ years of work experience in an analytical role involving data extraction, analysis, and communication.
· Experience building complex data visualizations.
· Experience working in command-line Linux environments.
· Experience with causal inference, applied time series modeling or machine learning forecasting applications.
· Strong project management skills.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.