Amazon’s Global Learning and Development (GLD) team is growing and is looking for a smart, driven Learning Technologist to develop solutions related to online learning programs. Success in this role requires you to be fluent in both learning design and technology. You investigate design approaches, evaluate technical feasibility, and bring those solutions to life by developing prototypes, working samples, and functional components. The role will continuously improve GLD’s online learning programs using an array of creative approaches which drive productivity, innovation, and operational excellence.
Specific responsibilities will include:
· Collaborate with senior learning experience designers to build online courses and modules using authoring tools.
· Work with with subject matter experts and stakeholders to design and develop learning materials.
· Create learning materials such as digital interactives, animated videos, graphics, and images.
· Partner with senior learning experience designers to create and implement course improvement plans.
· Manage vendors sourced for video or graphic design development as needed.
· Pursue a deep understanding of learner roles to ensure that learning solutions meet the needs of learners.
· Collaborate with product and UX teams on the features and functions needed to deliver innovative learning activities.
· Bachelor’s degree.
· 2 - 3 years’ experience in designing online instructional activities to support adult learners in online instruction.
· Experience with online course authoring technologies.
· Experience in multimedia and/or graphic design.
· Solid project management skills including planning work, managing details, keeping multiple tasks/projects on track, using time well, and delivering results.
· Experience working in a cross-functional team.
· Ability to multitask in a fast-paced, technical environment.
· Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
· Graduate degree in instructional design, learning technologies, computer science, or related field.
· 4+ years’ experience designing and developing online instructional activities to support adult learners.
· Demonstrated experience using tools such as Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, After Effects, Premier Pro), Vyond, and Captivate.
· Demonstrated experience in communicating technical concepts and processes using clear, simple language and visuals.