Cloud computing is the kind of major shift in information technology that only comes around once a decade. If you want to be part of history, this is your opportunity. Amazon Web Services is a high-growth, fast-moving group within Amazon with a start-up mentality where new and diverse challenges arise every day, but a group that operates with the full backing of one of the world’s most successful web companies.
AWS Finance seeks a Financial Analyst to support the fast growing AWS Migration Services. Migrations to AWS include moving any workload from an on-premises environment, hosting facility, or other public cloud. AWS Migration Services continues to drive innovation by developing new products and services to make this move faster and more seamless. This position will work closely with key business partners across AWS to drive thoughtful planning, analysis, decision support, and scale for future growth.
· Build out and enhance Financial models for new and existing services, develop business insights & KPI dashboards, and lead ad hoc analyses
· Partner with AWS Business Intelligence teams to automate business metric reporting
· Drive the financial planning / budgeting process
· Lead monthly financial review process, identify and communicate drivers of variance versus forecast
· Partner with the TM1 systems team to implement enhancements for the business
· Lead key analytical projects that assist and influence the business
This role requires a self-starter with a strong financial modeling background, problem solving skills, a keen attention to detail, ability to work in a fast-paced environment with ambiguous situations, and solid skills in project management. This role has regular interaction with various business units across Amazon and requires strong people skills.
· Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, business, or related field
· 3+ years of relevant work experience
· Master's Degree in finance, accounting, business, or related field
· Advanced knowledge of Excel, SQL, and other analytical tools
· Capable of investigating, familiarizing and mastering new data sets quickly for data extraction
· Ability to display complex quantitative data in a simple, intuitive format and to present findings in a clear and concise manner
· Highly analytical and detail oriented, with demonstrated ability in problem solving and root cause analysis
· Ability to meet tight deadlines, prioritize workload and achieve effective results in a fast-paced, dynamic, ever-growing and often ambiguous environment
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.